The Official Metal Month Thread

I'm looking forward to having a play with it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK8DYI4r65Y&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging from the samples on the TT homepage, Rock Solid seems to be a huge dissapointment.
Doesn't nearly sound as huge as I expected it to sound...a pitty, this could have easily been as awesome as metal machine

Most of the sounds I heared on the videos about the guitar pack sound horrible, but there were one or two nice ones in there

Guitar Gods???? are you just kigging rigth???

Vai? Van Halen? Satriani? Romeo? Gilbert? Malmsteen?
i´m with thordental and matias ..... but you have left some serius goods out!!!

Would you really want to sound like Malmsteen though? Don't get me wrong, I am the biggest Yngwie fan in the world but even I have to admit that his guitar just sounds like shit lately.

Would have loved and Ola preset though :D

I am the biggest Yngwie fan in the world but even I have to admit that his guitar just sounds like shit lately.

Thing is, Yngwie has never had a great tone to my ears.
Same with Gilbert, Vai, Dime, Lynch etc etc

But they can all play the shit out of the guitar. They make the guitar sound awesome with technique and talent.
When you rely on frets 1-6 and only 2 strings with a .99 gauge then tone is more of an issue lol

Any of the past guitar gods can play all their songs on an acoustic and it will still sound bad ass. Don't think the same applies to many of today's 3 note-per-song "gods".

For me they aren't metal enough!
It's big difference between METAL guitar gods and just guitar gods.
I have to add that Mattias Eklundh wanking for demo is more appealing for me than Vai, Romeo or Malmsteen.

Ended up buying Rock Solid anyway... Cool for blending I guess... But overall that's a disappointment. Cymbals sound weird and the oddly enough, the comp track is what contains most of the transients. The direct tracks are smashed as fuck and if you change the balance between the ambient/room/oh tracks it starts to sound like shit. There's no flexibility.

I plan on purchasing EZmix 2 and the Guitar Gods expansion. The EZmix 2 metal bundle seems like a decent deal. I was just wondering if anyone here has used any of these expansions in that bundle and if you think it's worth it.

For me they aren't metal enough!
It's big difference between METAL guitar gods and just guitar gods.
I have to add that Mattias Eklundh wanking for demo is more appealing for me than Vai, Romeo or Malmsteen.

my point was about variety. not lots of presets to sound the same.
i ve said im good with messugah guys... but i dont need 50 same sounding presets.

i could use some whitesnake sounds.. some vai leads... some symphony X riff sound and some neoclasical leads too.