The Official Metal Month Thread

www.audiodeluxe.com

EzDrummer and Metal Machine Bundle for US$63. (Make an account and place items in your basket for this price).

OR

The same deal from their ebay page US$65.

Snapped it up quick smart. So glad I didn't buy it 3 days ago for US$99.

Good stuff!

I bought ezDrummer for my buddy last week, and took over DFH from my brother in law who doesn't use the expension pack.

I've tried out ezDrummer on my computer, and it's really nice. I'm in doubt if I should buy it. I'm actually a drummer, but it might help working out an idea, and after that learning it. I'm also interested in the metal machine, but mainly because of Sneap's samples in there. So that will be more of a "case study". I'm still doubting if it's worth it.

Good stuff!

I bought ezDrummer for my buddy last week, and took over DFH from my brother in law who doesn't use the expension pack.

I've tried out ezDrummer on my computer, and it's really nice. I'm in doubt if I should buy it. I'm actually a drummer, but it might help working out an idea, and after that learning it. I'm also interested in the metal machine, but mainly because of Sneap's samples in there. So that will be more of a "case study". I'm still doubting if it's worth it.

Metal Machine is awesome IMO. Well worth the purchase. It's like having a little bit of Sneap talent at your disposal, lol. Here is my latest test mix with it (Triscore posted the DI's, midi, etc... in the Practice Room section):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24344836/Triscore Scar Symmetry GuitarHack V3.mp3

The Sturgis presets all sound the same judging from the clips on the Toontrack page. I'm really interested in the Koloss preset though it's only one. I love the drum production on that album.

So the "Metal Month" was basically a bust? (maybe they shouldn't have hyped it at all and just released everything)

Thomann has three Metal oriented EZXs (including Metal Machine) for 99 € total. Check it out.

TOONTACT

toontrack_metalmonth2012a.jpg

AHH!!! the metalheads midi files!!! wow!! a midi file that everyone already have and that was launch two year before!!!
Now that is really a pitty.

toontrack guys are really lucky having zero compentence in the heavy market.... if just one other company takes metal seriusly then they kick toontracks ass easely

AHH!!! the metalheads midi files!!! wow!! a midi file that everyone already have and that was launch two year before!!!
Now that is really a pitty.

toontrack guys are really lucky having zero compentence in the heavy market.... if just one other company takes metal seriusly then they kick toontracks ass easely

To be the devil's advocate, they made "history" with the Drumkit From Hell, they made EZdrummer, S2.0, Metal Foundry, Metal Heads, Metal Machine... I don't think you can decently say they are not metal enough.

To be the devil's advocate, they made "history" with the Drumkit From Hell, they made EZdrummer, S2.0, Metal Foundry, Metal Heads, Metal Machine... I don't think you can decently say they are not metal enough.

My point was " if any company wants to steel some share of the Metal products market, this IS the year to do it"