The Official NERDS Thread

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hey

This is the place to talk about comics, computer games, etc, without fear of reprisals from the 'cool' bunch of people here. Long live the nerds! They should probably have no reason to grace this hallowed thread.

Yeah, so I've been playing Neverwinter Nights a fair bit since I bought it yesterday. Pretty good it is too! Doesn't seem to have the freedom of Morrowind, but I like it so far.

The cool bunch can go to hell, stand alone I say, noone tells me what I can and cant enjoy :D

Anyway, Bane is doing well in Morrowind, but just today I have decided that playing a law abiding charcter is making me very poor, so im going on a rampage next time I play. All shall cower in fear :)

Still deciding whether or not to get Neverwinter Nights, I just bought Warcraft 3, havent played it yet though, my brother did and it has nice graphics....

BTW, if I own lots of RPG books, read and own a ton of comics, have an entire bookshelf filled with Star Wars/fantasy novels, listen to 80s heavy metal and play video games, does that make me King? :D

Originally posted by spawn
I just bought Warcraft 3, havent played it yet though, my brother did and it has nice graphics....
Let us know what its like. If I had the money to buy a new game, it would probably be a toss up between this and 'Empire Earth'.

Originally posted by spawn
BTW, if I own lots of RPG books, read and own a ton of comics, have an entire bookshelf filled with Star Wars/fantasy novels, listen to 80s heavy metal and play video games, does that make me King? :D
Yes, yes it does. ;) :D

I only said IF Blitzy ;)

My brother emailed me today and said WC3 was really good....

I used to play D&D at school. And I buy computer games. And I sometimes (ie, hardly ever) read comics. And I'm reading a Star Wars book at the moment. And I listen to 80s metal.

And I watch wrestling.

I've just started playing Morrowind. I started as a rouge, which I figured would let me steal stuff and be otherwise nasty. I got in trouble when I stole stuff, and I was almost killed by a fish, so I figured I maybe shouldn't go the whole highway robbery path.

So I started again as a warrior. I've killed some rats. Woo. Although I did get paid for it I guess. I think I need to spend some more time playing it.

Redguard warrior is the easiest to start off with, methinks. I was very surprised at how easy it was to kill those smugglers near the town you start off with - every other character got killed three or four times until he got past the wizardy one. Not my warrior, though - he smote him in four hits.

The animation in Neverwinter Nights is great. I don't know if it's similar to Baldur's Gate II, I've only played the first one (very briefly, too - didn't keep my interest for long, but I shall go back to it one day). And the camera angles are cool - you just move the mouse to the left or right hand sides of the screen to move around your character. Very handy when turning down corridors to see where you're going, or make sure you've opened every chest in a room.

:confused:

Do you mean did I kill people who were wearing makeup? Or do you mean did I use makeup to kill people?

Either way, come to think of it, what's makeup got to do with it?

Huh? Who said anything about makeup? Oh, wait, you were talking to Spawny :)

I think he was referring to where you said 'rouge' instead of 'rogue' :)

You were Phloggy, the gay rouge warrior ;)

(hint: reread your post and my stupid humour shall become apparent (moreso...) ;) )

I think ill start Morrowind again, and pick my own classes etc. Im kinda stuck now and its really hard to level up because of the way my skills are at the moment :(

I started Morrowind again almost every time I load it up :) I'm getting REALLY sick of those census blokes though. Pity you have to go through all that, walk through the ship and everything before you get to start properly.