The official NOW PLAYING thread...

LunarHex said:
Terria is definitely one of Devin's better works. Accelerated Evolution is my least favorite project from him, I suggest listening to any his other projects (Infinity and Physicist moreso than Ocean Machine, though Ocean Machine is still much better than Accelerated Evolution) if you haven't.

Yeah I've now listened to all his solo works(save the first punk rock joke cd) and Terria and Ocean Machine are my favorites. They offer so much, the music I love the most has subtleties that can only be found after lots of listens and these two seem to have that moreso than the others. Infinity is rather insane, I like it that way too. Can't wait to see what direction he heads next with "Synchestra" ( I think thats the name of the new DTB cd).

Devin Townsend - The Death of Music

Dies Irae - Unrevealed by words....
for those into Vader, Decapitated, Hate, Sceptic, Devilyn and alot of Polish death metal, check out their newest 2004 album "Sculpture of Stone." Definitely a treat.

Highway Corsair said:
Ulver - Blood Inside
That CD is so incredible. I can't get enough of it. "Blinded By Blood" is probably my favorite Ulver song of all time.

Asmegin - Blodhevn.

Svidd Neger's my second favorite from Ulver. I love how seamlessly it flows the the emotion it conveys so well. I don't think it sounds too similar to A Quick Fix, the vocals kind of took over on that one. I still love it, though. I could listen to Eittline for hours on end. I do agree that the hype building up to Blood Inside was huge, but I don't feel disappointed. Expecting a band to put out a masterpiece like Perdition City every release is a bit much. I am a little biased, as Ulver is the only band in the world I actually look up to for musical inspiration, so I'd place Blood Inside at the top of my favorite album of the year, and the only band I could see possibly dethroning them is Arcturus.