The Official Cigar Thread

E-bortion

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Dec 23, 2004
I've seen threads dedicated to fine beers and spirits, but I've yet to see a cigar thread. Having been a cigar smoker for little under 3 months, I've started to really develop a taste for higher-end cigars and have a growing appreciation for them. Any other cigar smokers in here?

Lately I've been smoking a lot of Romeo y Julieta Churchills but tonight I decided to give something else a try. Just bought one of these babies today:

48ppglt.jpg

http://www.davidoffmadison.com/index.jp?edge=shop.itemDetail

Can't wait to sit down and give it a shot. :oops:

Reactions: Necromunchkin
Sweet. A friend of mine got me a little mix of cigars for Christmas, including A. Fuente Reserva and Perdomo Estate Seleccion. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a touch so I can properly enjoy them without having to freeze my ass off.

I went through a bit of a Cigar phase about a year ago. Never had anything really that great. The most expensive I think was around 8 or 9 dollars for a single cigar. Nothing fancy. Some where nice and a few were awful. I would like to try a really nice cigar some time.

Hellzyeah awesome thread. I like cigars but dont know shit about them and dont care. They just taste good. They also cause cancer :headbang:

I really dig Fuentes, but I haven't smoked anything in many months.

Excepting, of course, pole.

My friend has a pipe and I smoked some delicious Tobacco with it. I do not remember the flavor or the brand, I just remember it was great. Pipes rule.

I might try a pipe sometime, but I'd have to buy one. Arent they expensive and shitz? I'd probably use it one time and then be done with it.

I find the Davidoffs to be way overpriced. You're paying more for the name than for the quality of the cigar. I also find them too mild for my palate.

I much prefer Cuban cigars. Some of my favorites are the Montecristo No.2 and No.4, Trinidad Coloniales, Partagas Serie D No 4, Cohiba Siglo IV, Ramon Allones Specially Selected, Vegas Robaina Famosos and Bolivar Royal Coronas.

Of the non-Cuban variety, I prefer Ashton VSG Corona Gorda, Padron Anniversary Exclusivo, The Edge by Rocky Patel, La Gloria Serie R No.4, Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story, Avo #2, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chiselito and Punch Rothschilds.

Zod

Although I prefer my pipes, working at a tobacco shop since August has required me to know something about cigars. Fuente Opus X, Ashton VSG's, La Gloria Cubana Serie R's, La Flor Dominicana, etc. are all very, very good. The Davidoff Grand Cru and Thousand series are very good mild cigars, methinks, but other than that I tend to stay away from mild cigars. Dont think I'll be smoking too many after I leave though, too bloody expensive.

Of the non-Cuban variety, I prefer Ashton VSG Corona Gorda, Padron Anniversary Exclusivo, The Edge by Rocky Patel, La Gloria Serie R No.4, Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story, Avo #2, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chiselito and Punch Rothschilds.

Zod

You, sir, have mighty fine taste :kickass:

Got bored tonight, went to the smoke shop. Bought myself a Macanudo Gold Label and a Por Larranaga. I know Macanudo Gold Labels are okay, I've had them before. Not for sure about the Por Larranaga's though. Any of you tried them? Oh and Avo #2 :kickass: I need to get me a few of those.

Speaking of Avo, have you ever tried the Avo tinned puritos? They're quite good for a tinned cigar.

Just smoked a corona sized La Aroma de Cuba yesterday...not bad.

I've never given tinned cigars a chance, don't think I will unless one is just given to me. Also, yeah, Aroma De Cuba coronas aren't bad and are very affordable. I prefer Ashton Classics Series though. The Classics Double Magnum Cedar to be exact. :worship:

Avo, Davidoff, Zino and Ticos are all pretty good tinned cigars. They're pretty decent sized too. I encountered many mold problems with lesser tins, however.

Yeah, I liked the price of the aroma de cuba...been trying some "cheaper" cigars since I'm unemployed now (and I'm down to one a week compared to my 2-3 a day when I worked at the shop).

@ anyone: Do they only sell cuban cigars in europe?