THE OFFICIAL SMC PRAISE THREAD

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
Disclaimer - Nothing stated in the following post is in any way intended to disrespect any other band or performer at TMF. This post is not intended to offend anyone, but, udoubtedly, it will. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and no one else. No animals were harmed in the writing of this post.

OK - I've been quiet long enough. I've known all these guys for a number of years, so, yeah - I'm biased. First, please go to http://www.sixminutecentury.com/ and check out the songs and especially the lyrics. The songs all mean something, like the Oklahoma City bombing (thanx again, Chuck!!), Jonestown massacre, war in Iraq, MLK or one speaking to his Lord. Not sure about the vampire song!! :loco: And does anyone have a doubt about what I said concerning Chuck's voice?? Hopefully, there were no permanent damages!!

My favorite thing about metal is the guitar (surprise!!). And my good friend, Don LaFon did not disappoint!! It's great to play fast, can't get enough of that. And Mr. LaFon did that - a lot!!! :kickass: But to make the guitar cry, like in "April 19", you can hear the cries of the "168 vanquished smiles" :cry: That's just special. I'm lucky to have had the privaledge of seeing Don play live hundreds of times, but more importantly, I am honored to call him my friend.

Also, the rhythm section was ON FIRE!!!!! Cudos to Sampy (bass) who was in a gear I've never seen and Darren (drums) who is always in a zone!!

Bottom line - go to the website, listen and buy a demo. You can say you were there before they are famous!!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Agreed, Don, Darren and the other guys I just met, all of you are class acts and the band kicked ass big time, major grooves, and everyone is exceptional at what they do....hmmmmmm should we tell everyone? OK let's SIX MINUTE CENTURY is doing a deal with NIGHTMARE for a release in 2008 so you will all know the greatness of this band!

Agreed, Don, Darren and the other guys I just met, all of you are class acts and the band kicked ass big time, major grooves, and everyone is exceptional at what they do....hmmmmmm should we tell everyone? OK let's SIX MINUTE CENTURY is doing a deal with NIGHTMARE for a release in 2008 so you will all know the greatness of this band!

That is totally awesome! CONGRATS to both SMC and NMR! The take-over begins! :headbang:

Grats SMC! I really do enjoy your music as its very emotionally based, yet still technicall. I'll definitely pick up the 'upcoming' album.