the official Woods of Ypres thread

BTW, how do you pronounce "Ypres"??? I pronounce it using Texan language, so I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Listening to first mp3........... wow. Very good stuff.

B0001M4DQO.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

v.

d81018h6q1v.jpg

I can't get enough of the "Pursuit of the Sun..." album lately. I've been spinning it just enough to satisfy my urges yet not spoil it by overlistening in the first few weeks.

Black Winter Day said:
We got mentioned in the liner notes of the new one. Cool. I'm only on track 3, but... fucking good stuff. So far I'm not disappointed. Thanks Mr. Gold.
:hotjump:
Oh we did? Haha, that's great. I only have the promo right now, but I'll def get the proper release. I notice it on sale at The End.

I assume everyone who ordered this has listened to it by now? Put it this way, who ISN'T going to have it in their top 10 at the end of the year...? :heh:

I can really imagine NADrian and Demonspell absolutely loving this to shit - no laxative aid necessary.

David Gold better patent "Summer Black Metal". :kickass:

Yea, maybe I sould have waited and gotten it at the end..Oh well apparently the pre-orders helped finance the actual recording. Immaculate CD, this had held a permanent place in both my home and car stereo since I received it.

I think the Summer idea fits perfectly. A few days ago, on a really hot/bright/summer day, I listened to the album while walking home through a forest/park from my girlfriend's house, and it was an amazing connection between the music and environment surrounding me.

Well, Woods of Ypres frontman David Gold recently announced the "5th and final" Woods album, as of yet untitled and consisting of 5 tracks. A couple of clips:

"Today is the third and final day of drums, Evan is recording the final parts of the final two songs. Shane is preparing the "Shane-Saw". Bass is next.

The final photo shoot is scheduled for Sunday morning, the last time the four of us will be together in the same place. Then, I get to shave my beard, after keeping it this long, for photos."

"I have a few more days to listen and choose my final words as carefully as I can. I'm still conflicted about what exactly I want to say at this point, but... I'm working away. Motivated by the end. It's getting done."

------

The last one was quintessential hipster bm, so I can't say I'm upset about David calling it a wrap. I loved the first two, and the third one grew on me despite the straight forward and at times asinine lyrical content.