the "oh great..." thread

i can't even fathom someone wanting to piss on me, you know? and my reputation can't be slandered because i dont have one... and i can't have my job ruined because my job is essentially meaningless. i think it's this very attitude that i have of total aloofness and being like 'death? so?' all the time that drives this director mad. ah well. but i see what you're saying. it's just that i do not take psychologically an affront from people's actions (esp. people like her) and i don't honestly think she could ever hurt me. or anyone really could.

either way, i just wish she'd shut the fuck up before i had to bury her ass into the ground so badly she'll need a fucking backhoe to get it back out.

so like, i guess they had a 'talk' with the director last night. and they told her not to talk to me, and to speak to me through my boss. but i know her and so i'm sitting at my desk just waiting for her to come over here and start talking to me about all of this immediately. i might just scratch out my own eyes in front of her for effect.

apparently my boss must have had this feeling too b/c she just got here and walked over here and said 'use the stapler if you have to' handed me a pretty felt hair clip and walked off.

strange world.

i missed quite a thread yesterday. and it didn't show up as "unread" because of UM's stupid criteria of readedness.

amanda, you're probably the subject of incredulous conversations with the boss lady's friends as they sip that caffeinated fizzy white wine chick drink and squawk about how unbelievable that girl acts!

revel in it.

i'm definitely the IT girl at the office that's for sure. people keep patting me on the back. the supervisor for another department hugged me in the elevator. life is weird.

i think i'm going to ask for a flex schedule so i can miss a half day once a week and come in earlier other days. and go back to school. ASAP.

the absolutely perverse, leering, semi-retarded (literally) intern's last day was today. then he sends an email announcing that he likes it so much here he'll be staying through his winter break.

grrrrrreat.

i wish i had no shame and i could have taken a picture of that intern and posted it against all moral righteousness. because seriously then you guys would know WHAT'S WHAT.

ew.

rarely. but he often walks over to my desk and stands behind me (when i'm seated) with his crotch right against my shoulder. he always stands too close and he talks directly at my boobs.

it seriously makes me want to punch him in his face. it's like, just because you are slightly retarded doesn't mean you get to be all leery mcleerson on people.

we had a guy like that here. he had suffered a head injury (he said), so he was always leering and saying inappropriate things, and then he would blame the head injury. And he would buy the better looking women kitchen appliances as tokens of his lust, even though his wife works here as well.

head injury guy: damn you look good in that tight sweater!

woman: what?

head injury guy: oh sorry! its my head injury!

this is all somewhat analagous (sp) to coelacanth_M's use of Japaneseness as a shield from the outrageous slings and arrows of responsibility.