The Official PPUSA VII Regrets thread

lady_space said:
Thank you, Kathy... I am adopting your philosophy. urban keeps telling me about things I did that make me cringe. Oh, well, just hope I didn't ruin anyone's ProgPower experience!:zombie:

Shaye

Shaye, Believe me... it's all good...... I cringe for a few days, then you have to let it go..... James, Linda, and Bear always remind me of the escapades I seem to forget, but it's all part of PP; and we've been doing this how many years now???? :headbang:

TheWhisper said:
I guess I just don't 'get it' either, 'cause I could've given two shakes about Zero Hour. I am glad people enjoyed them, some of my friends were among those people, but the whole 'you don't get it' argument/theory grows more pretentious , and condescending, each time I hear someone use it.

Plus, I was in the Vinyl hanging out with some great friends, that I enjoyed tons more than any set, and I am damn glad I chose that option.:kickass:

And I am damn glad I chose that option as well!!!! We had a tons-o-fun in Vinyl, didn't we, Whisper.....:kickass:

Kathy said:
Shaye, Believe me... it's all good...... I cringe for a few days, then you have to let it go..... James, Linda, and Bear always remind me of the escapades I seem to forget, but it's all part of PP; and we've been doing this how many years now???? :headbang:

"What happens at PP, stays at PP." :D

sccaldwell said:
1. Comments like these crack me up. As someone else pointed out in another thread, response to Zero Hour's performance was almost completely polarized....you either loved 'em or you hated 'em...very little in-between. I think another way to put it: you "got" it (and therefore were blown away) or you didn't "get" it (and therefore didn't like it). I'm not criticizing you...just telling you that their music is far too complex to "get" it with one or two listens...especially if that first listen was live.

By complex do you mean utterly fundamental...? These guys played the same three chords as well as the same pentatonic scale on every song it seemed like...Their music had no dynamics...the song started and there was no where else it could go...it took the listener nowhere...no melodies? no form...? no motifs...I thought they should have been named Zero Talent....I mean when he was singing it was like it was some random guy just singing to some random music..? Hey but opinions are like assholes...right? Just really don't see how these guys got to play on the same stage as the likes of Vision, Evergrey, Pyramaze, CIIC, Circus Maximus.....*shrugs*..I dunno...

I think I went home and played everyone of their songs just warming up to actually play one tune...

sccaldwell said:
1. Comments like these crack me up. As someone else pointed out in another thread, response to Zero Hour's performance was almost completely polarized....you either loved 'em or you hated 'em...very little in-between. I think another way to put it: you "got" it (and therefore were blown away) or you didn't "get" it (and therefore didn't like it). I'm not criticizing you...just telling you that their music is far too complex to "get" it with one or two listens...especially if that first listen was live.

So what is there to get but a bunch of mindless wankery. These guys have the same odd time beat in every song. Every song they played sounded the exact same, oh and the sound was horrid. I thought I was listening to a bunch of guys practicing scales. From what I gathered nobody around me enjoyed it either.

13ShadesofGray said:
sim·i·an (sm-n) Pronunciation Key
adj.
Relating to, characteristic of, or resembling an ape or a monkey.

Good call on the monicker. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Form? No Dynamics? No Talent?
People who don't understand progressive music should really keep their mouth shut, especially on the PROGpower board...

Then again comic relief at the monkeys expense does have some small entertainment value. :lol: :lol:

The funny thing is THEY DIDNT play one pentatonic scale the whole night SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT lol. Plus to say they play only 3 chords in one song is something I can't understand at all.......

YOU GUYS WERENT EVEN THERE AT the show or you would have known this!!! ..WHOEVER IS BEHIND THIS..GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE...MOVE ON AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

1. Not hopping on-stage during the "Evergrey Wedding Chapel" to propose to any of those amazing females who were single. Was I the only one who DIDN'T get engaged at ProgPower this year?

2. Not telling a certain person off, but I'm sure she knows who she is and that wouldn't be very SWORDSman like of me...

3. Not bringing inserts for my boots ... 26 hours on my feet in front of the stage, my feet were completely destroyed by the weekend's close!

Nathan

jdennis007 said:
The funny thing is THEY DIDNT play one pentatonic scale the whole night SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT lol. Plus to say they play only 3 chords in one song is something I can't understand at all.......

YOU GUYS WERENT EVEN THERE AT the show or you would have known this!!! ..WHOEVER IS BEHIND THIS..GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE...MOVE ON AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

Dude, easy there... I understand you love the band, I do too, but don't get so angry over criticism. It's not worth it, trust me.

Let them talk, it's not affecting you directly, is it?

MetalRose said:
That's why I am so glad ProgPower is it's only little fantasy world! Where Pirates can be pirates... er wait...

-MetalRose

So you saw that wife swap, too????? :lol: :Smokin: arrrrrrrrrrrr