DGM - Different Shapes
Eternal Reign - Forbidden Path
Myrath - Desert Call
Fracture - Simple Chaos*
Labyrinth - Retern to Heaven Denied Pt. II
Red Circuit - Homeland
While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose
Haken - Aquarius

*Was at the Nightmare Records table when I overheard Lance tell another attendee that this one sounded like classic Queensryche and Fates Warning. Sold!

Yes I am happy now, aren't you happy too now that you have it :lol:

Yes I am happy. Lol. Just thought it was funny how you kept holding your phone up to my ear in order to get me to buy it. lol

@jem777az- I got all confused when I looked at the forum the next day and didn't see my thread. It's all good though.

I bought EVERY.SINGLE. Oceans of Sadness Shirt. I literally gave them my last $20.00 at the Vinyl when I saw they had one shirt I didn't buy.

I'll have to list what CD's I got, but I picked up a couple Amorphis, couple Oceans of Sadness (even though I had a couple at home that I forgot about), some Seventh Calling, a new Gorgoth and Dimmu band Ovahell I think, Mindflow, Sabaton, Revoltuion R and some others.

Sinisthra - Last Of The Long Stories Of Long Past Glories

I LOVE this Album. I was looking for more Sinisthra, but couldn't find any. :(

-Metal

Anyone buy Oceans of Sadness - For We Are CD? I did and it's the first one of my haul that I listened to (last night). I was expecting it to be really rough compared to the newest two albums but I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It reminds me a lot of Sentenced - Amok, which is one of my favorite albums, and For We Are fits right in with that general style. Production wise it reminds me a little bit of Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast album - extreme metal but with a gentle, almost soothing sound to it. The music also sounds a lot sadder/more melancholy, which puts their band name in perspective. I remember thinking Oceans of Sadness was not a very fitting name based on the music of the two newest albums, which are relatively aggressive and angry sounding (I thought Oceans of Madness would be a more accurate name) but For We Are illustrates that at least earlier on, their music was totally fitting to the name and they've just evolved past that in the years since. I would definitely recommend the album to fans of early 90s Sentenced (first three albums), Paradise Lost (Icon) and Anathema (The Silent Enigma). My favorite band of Saturday.

I had never bought so few CDs on a ProgPower trip than what I bought this year. Normally I drop at least a grand on CDs over the weekend, that including a few other shops in the area.

Progpower buys;

Necromandus - Orexis of Death and Live
both Savage Grace re-issues
4 Edgar Broughhton Band albums
Wrathchild - Delirium

out side of ProgPower over the weekend;

Masters of Reality - How High the Moon
Adam Ant - Friend of Foe
Sykes - Out of My Tree
Primus - Miscellaneous Debris
3 Toto albums
Metal Church - A Light in the Dark

which Toto albums did you pick up?

Anyone buy Oceans of Sadness - For We Are CD? I did and it's the first one of my haul that I listened to (last night). I was expecting it to be really rough compared to the newest two albums but I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It reminds me a lot of Sentenced - Amok, which is one of my favorite albums, and For We Are fits right in with that general style. Production wise it reminds me a little bit of Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast album - extreme metal but with a gentle, almost soothing sound to it. The music also sounds a lot sadder/more melancholy, which puts their band name in perspective. I remember thinking Oceans of Sadness was not a very fitting name based on the music of the two newest albums, which are relatively aggressive and angry sounding (I thought Oceans of Madness would be a more accurate name) but For We Are illustrates that at least earlier on, their music was totally fitting to the name and they've just evolved past that in the years since. I would definitely recommend the album to fans of early 90s Sentenced (first three albums), Paradise Lost (Icon) and Anathema (The Silent Enigma).

I picked that up last year. I loved it. One of their earliest influences was Type O negative, which I can hear a lot of and interestingly enough, they are influenced by Michael Jackson as well, at least that's what Wim confessed. :) I've always said they are Dimmu Borgir, Type O negative and a splash of Alice in Chains. Of course getting a little bit heavier as they progressed.

My favorite band of Saturday.

My favorite band period.

-Metal

Anyone buy Oceans of Sadness - For We Are CD? I did and it's the first one of my haul that I listened to (last night). I was expecting it to be really rough compared to the newest two albums but I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It reminds me a lot of Sentenced - Amok, which is one of my favorite albums, and For We Are fits right in with that general style. Production wise it reminds me a little bit of Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast album - extreme metal but with a gentle, almost soothing sound to it. The music also sounds a lot sadder/more melancholy, which puts their band name in perspective. I remember thinking Oceans of Sadness was not a very fitting name based on the music of the two newest albums, which are relatively aggressive and angry sounding (I thought Oceans of Madness would be a more accurate name) but For We Are illustrates that at least earlier on, their music was totally fitting to the name and they've just evolved past that in the years since. I would definitely recommend the album to fans of early 90s Sentenced (first three albums), Paradise Lost (Icon) and Anathema (The Silent Enigma). My favorite band of Saturday.

When I first heard this CD last year I got a very Anathema meets ...And Oceans (ironically) vibe.

Just for fun, a combined post, since these two events came on top of eachother.

T-shirts
-------
Celldweller, black&white design
Celldweller, blue 'glittery' bandname design
Dragon*Con "alternate" t-shirt, from Offworld Designs
ProgPower USA XI tee, pre-paid "with my name on it" (courtesy Jen :))
Tarot Gravity of Light tee from Nightmare Recs booth
James Labrie tee (as part of that combo deal)
Psychotic Waltz tee from Exploding Ned's

DVDs:
------
Celldweller, "Switchback"
PPUSA X DVD (arrived in the mail the day I left for PPUSA :))
Immortal, Live at Wacken 2007
Moonspell, Lusitanian Metal
Arcturus, Shipwrecked In Oslo
Therion, The Miskolc Experience (also has CDs)
Amorphis, Forging the Land of a Thousand Lakes (also has CDs)

CDs
-----

Dragon*Con:

• Celldweller, Soundtrack From the Voices In My Head
  • Celldweller, Celldweller -- This is the FIXT release...now I can 'retire' my original, sacred copy of this Top 10 CD
  • Celldweller, The Beta Cessions
  • Celldweller, Take It And Break It Vol. 2 -- Frozen Remixes
  • Celldweller, Take It And Break It Vol 1 - Own Little World Remixes
  • Black Tape For a Blue Girl, Remnants of a Deeper Purity -- Purchased from Sam Rosenthal himself
  • Black Tape For a Blue Girl, 10 Neurotics -- Purchased from Sam Rosenthal himself
  • Weep, 6 Interpretations -- Doc Hammer's band (from Venture Bros.)
  • Brass Knuckle Surfer, Sin Palabras -- Includes my good friend Paul Mercer on violin.
  • Attention System, Wait For My Signal
  • Flynn's Folly, Preview Release CD
  • Gunn, Marc, Kilted For Her Pleasure
  • Gunn, Marc, The Bridge
  • Emerald Rose, Consuite -- A gift from the band at DragonCon 2010. I didn't think I already had this CD...and to my surprise, I was right!

ProgPower USA:

• Depressed Mode, For Death
  • Insert Remedy, A State of Constant Change
  • Pressure Points, Remorses to Remember
  • Elenium, Caught In A Wheel
  • Kuivunen, Ari, Becoming
  • Enemy of the Sun, Shadows
  • Barren Earth, Curse of the Red River

(Above were brought over from Finland for me by Aki :kickass: )

• Kamelot, Poetry For the Poisoned
  • Witchery, Witchkrieg
  • Amorphis, Forging the Land of a Thousand Lakes
  • Blind Guardian, At the Edge of Time
  • Labrie, James, Static Impulse
  • Burzum, Belus
  • Mellotron, And Go
  • Finntroll, Nifelvind (box)
  • Therion, The Miskolc Experience
  • Creation's End, A New Beginning
  • Red Circuit, Trance State
  • Arcturus, Sideshow Symphonies
  • Various Artists, ProgPower USA XI Sampler
  • Halcyon Way, Building the Towers
  • Arcturus, Aspera Hiems Symfonia Constellation My Angel

Misc.
------
ProgPower banner, made by Sush -- nice guy, I remembered him from previous PPUSAs but this was his first year as a sponsor
ProgPower USA program book -- excellent work as always!

CD's:
At Vance - Ride The Sky (Japan Import)
Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa (Japan Import)
Doro - Fear No Evil (Japan Import)
Krokus - Hellraiser (Japan Import)
Treat - Coup De Grace (Japan Import)
Jaded Heart - Helluva Time
Killer Dwarfs - S/T
Mad Max - Night Of Passion (Ltd. Ed.)

DVD's:
Manowar - Hell On Earth V

T-Shirts:
PPUSA XI
Accept (3 different Ones)
U.D.O. - Animal House

CDs: Wolf - Ravenous
Tarot - Live Undead Indeed (which J-Man was nice enough to introduce me to Marco and get him to sign it for me) Halcyon Way - Building The Towers (Bodan, I told you I would let you know what I thought when I got a chance to listen, I finally did on the flight, and I think it is much better than the first release, I really like it.) Antithesis - Dreaming Reality
Annihilator - Live At Monsters Of Rock Eldritch - Neighborhell Eldritch - Blackenday
Toxxic Toyz - Mutation (which David Mcbee finally one-upped me with. He and I were screwing with each other all weekend, and he got me back by signing it "Love U Sexy" and he drew a cock on it... :/ ) Sons Of Liberty - Brush-Fires Of The Mind (European Digi)
Freak Kitchen - Land Of The Freaks Red Circuit - Trance State Leash Law - Dogface
Arcturus - La Masquearde Infernale

Shirts: Accept - Tour longsleeve (doesn't have the atl date :( ) Accept - Blood Of The Nations Progpower Pagan's Mind shirt which Frode gave me (totally unexpected, thanks bro!) Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Vinyl: Hear 'N' Aid - Stars 12" Annihilator - Stonewall 12" Annihilator - The Fun Palace 12"
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black Sanctuary/Fifth Angel - Split EP 12" Testament - Practice What You Preach King Diamond - No Presents For Christmas (Blue cover with King!) 12" Meliah Rage - Kill To Survive Meliah Rage - Live Kill Powermad - Absolute Power Flotsam And Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver Flotsam And Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace Helloween - Helloween EP 12" Candlemass - Nightfall Forbidden - Raw Evil Live At The Dynamo Iced Earth - The Dark Saga (CM Reissue with blue LP)
Exodus - Pleasures Of The Flesh Attacker - Battle At Helms Deep (Original cover, RARE!)
Pantera - Power Metal (Original pressing, jewel of the find) Crimson Glory - Crimson Glory (Got Jon Drenning to sign it, since he's here) Crimson Glory - Transcendence (Signed By Jon Drenning as well) Mercyful Fate - Evil/Curse Of The Pharaohs picture disc for Guitar Hero Manowar - Fighting The World Venom - At War With Satan (Original Combat Pressing) And I got my Manowar - Into Glory Ride vinyl signed by RTB on Wednesday night.
DVD: Meshuggah - Alive

Thanx for the biz Brent. Always good to speak with someone who knows vintage metal on vinyl. I'll work at it to score another good collection or two for next year.

So, my question is, Did anyone besides me avail themselves of Exploding Ned's awesome thrash and doom shirt selection???

Thanx for the biz there booB. The eclectic titles didn't move as well as I hoped, but there were some who raised some eyebrows at them. But we had a great time and enjoyed talking with those who knew those bands... as well as everyone else who stopped by.

Excalion - High Time
Fracture - Simple Chaos*
*Was at the Nightmare Records table when I overheard Lance tell another attendee that this one sounded like classic Queensryche and Fates Warning. Sold!

Update: The Fracture CD kicks some serious ass! Reminds me of the direction that Queensryche *might* have gone, had they not chosen to suck instead. :(

Finally getting around to posting my haul:

CD

Seven Kingdoms - S/T
Manilla Road - crystal logic
valkyrie's cry - s/t
twisted tower dire- two cd plus patch reissue of first two albums
kamelot. - poetry for the poisoned
rebellion. - all three viking saga albums
colossus. - drunk on blood
The gates of slumber. - hymns of blood and thunder
blind guardian. - at the edge of time
faithful breath. - back on my hill
arkona. - ot serdea k nebu
wolf's moon. - unholy darkness
longings past. - meadows of maseilya
longings past. - an angel's tale
wuthering heights- to travel for evermore
wuthering heights- salt
tyr- eric the red
icy steel- s/t
arcturus- la masquerade infernale
doomsword- my name will live on
crystal viper- curse of the crystal viper
manticora- safe
goddess of desire- awaken pagan gods
Pagan altar- volume 1
The wandering midget- I am the gate
seventh calling- epidemic
hour of 13 - s/t
lunarum- journeys, fables and lore
witches mark- a grim apparition
aska- avenger
soul preacher- the black sun rises, the holy men burn
demontuary- of the fallen years
overlord- back into the dragon's lair
legend- from the fjords
ironsword- overlords of chaos
james labrie - static impulse package
kryst the conqueror- deliver us from evil
stygian shore- the shore will arise
thor- only the strong
Falconer- s/t

Vinyl

Pretty maids- future world

Shirts

Manilla road- crystal logic xxl
sonata arctica blue tye dye xxl
blackguard- war M
kamelot- poetry for the poisoned
ppusa xi shirt
accept long sleeve tour shirt
Thor- only the strong

Finally getting around to posting my haul:

CD

Seven Kingdoms - S/T
Manilla Road - crystal logic
valkyrie's cry - s/t
twisted tower dire- two cd plus patch reissue of first two albums
kamelot. - poetry for the poisoned
rebellion. - all three viking saga albums
colossus. - drunk on blood
The gates of slumber. - hymns of blood and thunder
blind guardian. - at the edge of time
faithful breath. - back on my hill
arkona. - ot serdea k nebu
wolf's moon. - unholy darkness
longings past. - meadows of maseilya
longings past. - an angel's tale
wuthering heights- to travel for evermore
wuthering heights- salt
tyr- eric the red
icy steel- s/t
arcturus- la masquerade infernale
doomsword- my name will live on
crystal viper- curse of the crystal viper
manticora- safe
goddess of desire- awaken pagan gods
Pagan altar- volume 1
The wandering midget- I am the gate
seventh calling- epidemic
hour of 13 - s/t
lunarum- journeys, fables and lore
witches mark- a grim apparition
aska- avenger
soul preacher- the black sun rises, the holy men burn
demontuary- of the fallen years
overlord- back into the dragon's lair
legend- from the fjords
ironsword- overlords of chaos
james labrie - static impulse package
kryst the conqueror- deliver us from evil
stygian shore- the shore will arise
thor- only the strong
Falconer- s/t

Vinyl

Pretty maids- future world

Shirts

Manilla road- crystal logic xxl
sonata arctica blue tye dye xxl
blackguard- war M
kamelot- poetry for the poisoned
ppusa xi shirt
accept long sleeve tour shirt
Thor- only the strong

I've been ignoring this thread mostly since I didn't go, but goodness gracious! That's a lot. You have quite some listening to do. When Accept comes to town in a couple of weeks, I'm definitely thinking of getting that long sleeve as it looks badass if it's similar to the one on their site.