The Official PPUSA VII Regrets thread

Theandromedastrain said:
1.Hearing Zero Hour live:yuk:

2.Hearing Jorn do absolutely NO Ark songs or Masterplan:puke:

1. I don't agree on the yuk part... except for the sound mix. Where I was sitting (just a bit behind the soundboard).. it was just awful. The guitar sound was way back in the mix and muddy as hell.

2. And not to be a contrarian.. but negative on that. He did both. Noose and Soulburn.

Theandromedastrain said:
1.Hearing Zero Hour live:yuk:

2.Hearing Jorn do absolutely NO Ark songs or Masterplan:puke:

1. Comments like these crack me up. As someone else pointed out in another thread, response to Zero Hour's performance was almost completely polarized....you either loved 'em or you hated 'em...very little in-between. I think another way to put it: you "got" it (and therefore were blown away) or you didn't "get" it (and therefore didn't like it). I'm not criticizing you...just telling you that their music is far too complex to "get" it with one or two listens...especially if that first listen was live.

2. Actually, Jorn did about 1/2 of one Ark song, "Noose," which was from the "Burn The Sun" CD. Sadly for me, that's probably my least favorite song from that CD, but better than nothing, I guess.

1. Having nobody realize that it wasn't just Glenn up there for Margaritaville (It was Myself, Palabra De Dios, trentdk, squarooticus, and Glenn). We were originally just going to sing to Glenn, but he just ended up walking up there. Still though, was the first time I ever sang to a crowd and I was fuckin nervous!!

StewiesSexyParties said:
I'm sure anyone who said "I'll be at the vendors during Freak Kitchen's set" has at least one regret:lol:

Not in the slightest. I watched the first 2 songs, and headed for the vendors. Meet Rider Of Theli for the first time and had an excellent and potentially productive discussion. Glad you enjoyed the show, but I couldn't care less. Really.

sccaldwell said:
1. Comments like these crack me up. As someone else pointed out in another thread, response to Zero Hour's performance was almost completely polarized....you either loved 'em or you hated 'em...very little in-between. I think another way to put it: you "got" it (and therefore were blown away) or you didn't "get" it (and therefore didn't like it). I'm not criticizing you...just telling you that their music is far too complex to "get" it with one or two listens...especially if that first listen was live.
I guess I just don't 'get it' either, 'cause I could've given two shakes about Zero Hour. I am glad people enjoyed them, some of my friends were among those people, but the whole 'you don't get it' argument/theory grows more pretentious , and condescending, each time I hear someone use it.

Plus, I was in the Vinyl hanging out with some great friends, that I enjoyed tons more than any set, and I am damn glad I chose that option.:kickass:

Jesus dont watch the forum for a couple of days and it explodes!!

My regrets were getting sick and missing parts sets that I wanted to see. Last year it was too much beer and this it was well fuck who knows but it sucked.

Thats it I have no other regrets. I made sure I talked to people I wanted to, I got to eat to see Milton, JDubya, Paula, Justin (the guy with the video game avatar) and so many other people that even though I have met only briefly you guys are what make the fest for me almost as much as the music. Wait actually the best part of the fest is

SWEET JUMPS!!! :kickass:

Tuflus said:
1. I don't agree on the yuk part... except for the sound mix. Where I was sitting (just a bit behind the soundboard).. it was just awful. The guitar sound was way back in the mix and muddy as hell.

Jorn Viggo's stage volume was VERY high, so the soundman couldn't put much in the mix. His tone sounded incredible (at least when standing in front of the amp), but extremely compressed (Peavey 5150 II's compress alot when you push them). There was also another guitar signal from that amp that was not a mic, so you may have been gearing some of that as well...

Regrets for not meeting anybody new...always saw a friendly face,a nod here and there,but nobody from here did I meet.
Regret booking Residence Inn...its in other threads,enough said
Regret missing the parties again...PPUSA is such a brutal schedule to follow...rock hard all night,sleep until next show...maybe next year

J-Dubya 777 said:
What?????!!!!!!! :confused:

J-Dubya

Never got the chance. I'm not sure how to meet bands or band members, other than at a signing. It's also hard for me to go up to a complete stranger and talk to them. Ah well, the main reason to go was to see them live, and they did not disappoint in the slightest!

dt

1. Not bringing my Iron Savior CDs (well, their whole discography, actually) to get signed.

2. Also not being recognized as one of the "fantastic" singers of Margaritaville alongside Glenn.

3. Not listening to the Circus Maximus CD enough to know all the words to "Glory of the Empire" to sing along with Mike.

4. Not having any pics YET of Mattias Eklundh talking to my girlfriend on my cell phone.

These are but small regrets. The show was amazing and will be one of my best memories for another 340-some days.:kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

Not getting out of Michigan sooner so I could make it to Metal Karaoke.

Not being able to focus and spend time talking with all the people I wanted too. Life is on fast-forward for me right now.

Not trying harder to find some genuine Kentucky Bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey on the way down to share with my friends!

Leaving Epica's set to try to bust a bootlegger just to have the security check the guy's armband rather than his camera. That was 15 minutes I could have spent enjoying a great set instead. C'est la vie!

Not getting to say goodbye to a few people who I thought I'd see before I left. Sorry guys & gals - love you all!

Not knowing enough people

Not be able to keep awake with some bands :lol:

Not buying enough CDs :D

Having to withstand Epica show just to keep the seats reserved for the Jorn show