The Official PPUSA IX 'Regrets' thread

Just suck it up and get over it. The first few years Yip and I were the same way. Slowly, we started just by striking up random conversation with anyone that was standing next to us, say at the bar or whatever.

7 years into this amazing festival, I can say that I am friends with some of the coolest and truly warmest people on the planet.

Yeah... part of my problem is that I've been to 9 ProgPowers, 6 Chicago Powerfests, and a Powermad before all of that, and I know so many people already that I've sort of forgotten how to meet new ones. I might try that "Zod" thing at Chicago Powerfest next spring. :lol:

*I still never met booB.
Dammit.
And that was his fault, too.
I'm waiting for him to show up in this thread and take his lumps.

Ah, yes... my stupid shyness got the better of me several times this weekend. I suppose I should change my screen name to a different part of the female anatomy. :) Then again... which one of us didn't text the other, and mention that she was going to be showing up??? *poke poke* Looks like someone's not *completely* guilt-free, either. ;)

*I still never met booB.

*I should have spent more time with Bear.

Awwwww shucks!! well it was fun to hang for that little time we did, you rock babe and you look absolutely marvalous!!! (As Billy Crystal would say). It was cool to see Jon too, glad he has a thick skin and I just had to go there LOL :zombie::lol::lol::lol::p:p

Bear

booB:
Yes, initially I did say I wasn't going, but I'm a sporadic and random creature, and you should have known better. :p
Hee hee, I wish you would have said hello!
Next year for sure though.

Irish/Metalrose:
Bill was three sheets to the wind just about every time I saw him.
There was absolutely no point in trying to get him to buy me a damn thing because I'm quite certain he was cut off...hahaha, I do remember a few times he stumbled up to me, crowed loudly that he was "so drunk" and then asked politely if he could have a sip of my drink. :lol:

Bear:
Aww sugar, you're too sweet.
As for Jon, the guy's a goddamned rockstar.
Nothing shakes him.
I mean really and truly nothing; his skin isn't just thick...it's righteous metal armor.
Hee hee!

Thought of another one:

-- missing the SeismicRadio luncheon due to bad info on the start-time

My list:

-The after parties- where the hell were they this year? Seriously lax compared to last year.

Well, dunno about Friday night, but there was some serious partying going on Sat. night, on the Granada porch and in Room 730 at the R.I. I got some video of both, but haven't gotten around to posting it yet.

-Not Meeting Ruthven
Wow, sorry about that...ask Paul to point me out next time.

Uh, yeah, seriously. I had no idea y'all had never met. I think there were several times when we were in the same area, too. :(

Thought of another one:
Well, dunno about Friday night, but there was some serious partying going on Sat. night, on the Granada porch and in Room 730 at the R.I. I got some video of both, but haven't gotten around to posting it yet.

Oh. Shit.

Video evidence.

I don't have any regrets. We all had a good time. I do wish I was able to have saved more money for more cds but I still walked away with some cool stuff. It would have been nice to see the Hellish Rock tour and the showcase.

I'll tell you what helps with the meeting bands thing. Bring your kids along! Mine were on a mission to say hi to as many band members as possible. Hell my 8 year old damn near tackled Bill Hudson in the vendors room. He looked scared at first but was totally cool about it. Thanks to my son I met Manticora, Zak Stevens and Bill Hudson, Sean from Halcyon Way, Pathosray, Mustasche, Elvenking, and the list goes on. Maybe next year I'll have him looking for people with forum nametags to harass. At least then we'll all meet.

yea im his oldest son with the long hair. yea me and my buddy had an awesome time. sean from halcyon way was awesome. yea we pretty much hung out with pathosray all weekend. yea im glad i got to meet so many ppl. yea and i wanna thank glen for letting me and my friend go up in front of the stage to see iced earth i am a hUGE fan of them. yea this year was so awesome. oh and matt laporte gave me his solo cd IN PERSON. man and im drooling over next years line up. :headbang:

So yeah, I guess that I WAS at the 730 Room party for a while, before wondering between the Grenada and the RI before promplty lying face down in the grass in front of the Grenda on Saturday AM.

-Metal

yea im his oldest son with the long hair. yea me and my buddy had an awesome time. sean from halcyon way was awesome. yea we pretty much hung out with pathosray all weekend.

We did seem to run into you guys here n' there!!! I'm glad you and your pals had a great time!!!! And hopefully we can get Pathosray back to the festival to play...