The Official PPUSA IX 'Regrets' thread

I'll tell you what helps with the meeting bands thing. Bring your kids along! Mine were on a mission to say hi to as many band members as possible. Hell my 8 year old damn near tackled Bill Hudson in the vendors room. He looked scared at first but was totally cool about it. Thanks to my son I met Manticora, Zak Stevens and Bill Hudson, Sean from Halcyon Way, Pathosray, Mustasche, Elvenking, and the list goes on. Maybe next year I'll have him looking for people with forum nametags to harass. At least then we'll all meet.

I second that, Moose's kids kept me knee-deep involved with band members.

I regret that I could have bought a couple more CDs, hahaha.
I met a lot of folks this year, but I wish it could have been more.
I got stuck with the Southern accent for a while. Hey Y'all!
I also regret not taking more pictures with the people I met.

My only regret is that I didn't buy the Japanese releases of the new POWER QUEST and ANDRE MATOS CD's from Zane when I held both in my hands earlier Friday before the announcement of bands. I don't have a gold badge and getting in to the vendor room at 3 on Saturday signed my death warrant for getting those discs. Damn it to hell, anyway!

I'll tell you what helps with the meeting bands thing. Bring your kids along! Mine were on a mission to say hi to as many band members as possible. Hell my 8 year old damn near tackled Bill Hudson in the vendors room. He looked scared at first but was totally cool about it. Thanks to my son I met Manticora, Zak Stevens and Bill Hudson, Sean from Halcyon Way, Pathosray, Mustasche, Elvenking, and the list goes on. Maybe next year I'll have him looking for people with forum nametags to harass. At least then we'll all meet.

Ah the kids were AWESOME!!!! The guys in Pathosray even have a pic of you guys at the Hard Rock while we were there shopping and it was great seeing them again at the signing... Mad props to dad!!!

Easy! You wait for people like 7thSavior to come out of nowhere to talk to you as though he already knows you :lol: That's cheating, yes, so I need to work on doing that myself :Smug:
:lol::cool: You jest, but it DOES work. You warmed up to it right away. It was great actually meeting you in person, BTW. See ya at Kamelot if you go.:kickass:

yeah, all you introverts are going to have to stop hiding from me. :Smug: You're lucky I was busy all weekend helping with the show, else I'd be tracking you all down.

yeah, I'm looking at you Brian (edgeofthorns). :heh:

LOL.
You and me are already well acquainted, Hoyt.:cool::lol: BTW, it's always great seeing you at the local shows and all during PPUSA weekend each year!:headbang:

yeah, all you introverts are going to have to stop hiding from me. :Smug: You're lucky I was busy all weekend helping with the show, else I'd be tracking you all down.

yeah, I'm looking at you Brian (edgeofthorns). :heh:

LOL.

You actually ran me out of the vendor area on Friday night. I recognized you from your pics and was going to say something but I share the same issues as some mentioned in previous posts here. I did meet Pellaz and spoke to Ruthven for a minute as I have met him before.

I am not real good with just walking up to someone who has no idea who I am and saying "hey, Im FatesFan" blah, blah, blah. I want to but I am not so good at it. Then theres what do I say or I am I bothering them, etc.

Yeah, I have issues...:lol: Once I know someone I am good though. :lol:

Maybe I will try and be more bold next year and meet some folks. That's my only regret is that I did not reach out tp folks this year.

~Rob~

Just suck it up and get over it. The first few years Yip and I were the same way. Slowly, we started just by striking up random conversation with anyone that was standing next to us, say at the bar or whatever.

7 years into this amazing festival, I can say that I am friends with some of the coolest and truly warmest people on the planet.

Just say Hey, where are you from? and let the conversation go from there. If you recognize them, say Hey, are you Zod? and trust me, almost every single person I've ever met here is warm and welcoming, extends their hand in friendship and says Hey man! Good to meet you.

You actually ran me out of the vendor area on Friday night...

whoa, whoa, waitaminnit there buddy-roe. I don't recall running anyone out of the vendor area Friday night. :Smug: I do recall politely asking folks to move to the bar area so that we could close off the vendor area so they could pack up for the night. :)

and you remembered my face, so you had all day Saturday to speak up. so nyah. :p

Then theres what do I say or I am I bothering them, etc.

I used to think like that; still do, to a degree. But then I think, "Hey, I'm at a festival where I can bother Urban Breed," and...the reluctance goes away ;)

Feel free to pull me aside anytime you see me. I was somewhat looking for you and EoT Thursday night when me and Paul left to eat.

whoa, whoa, waitaminnit there buddy-roe. I don't recall running anyone out of the vendor area Friday night. :Smug: I do recall politely asking folks to move to the bar area so that we could close off the vendor area so they could pack up for the night. :)

and you remembered my face, so you had all day Saturday to speak up. so nyah. :p

Hey man, I did not mean ran me out in a bad way. You were very polite about it. I was to dumb to realize that everyone was standing by the bar and there was no one at the tables and I was all "sweet, I have the table to my self". That's when you came by and said sorry but you all were trying to move people over to the bar area. You were way cool about dude.

I used to think like that; still do, to a degree. But then I think, "Hey, I'm at a festival where I can bother Urban Breed," and...the reluctance goes away ;)

Feel free to pull me aside anytime you see me. I was somewhat looking for you and EoT Thursday night when me and Paul left to eat.

Yeah, I wanted to do the taco cabana thing that night but I don't think EOT was into it. He's not much of a night guy. Maybe next year.

Just suck it up and get over it. The first few years Yip and I were the same way. Slowly, we started just by striking up random conversation with anyone that was standing next to us, say at the bar or whatever.

7 years into this amazing festival, I can say that I am friends with some of the coolest and truly warmest people on the planet.

Just say Hey, where are you from? and let the conversation go from there. If you recognize them, say Hey, are you Zod? and trust me, almost every single person I've ever met here is warm and welcoming, extends their hand in friendship and says Hey man! Good to meet you.

I saw you both all weekend it seemed. I will try and say hey next time. You are right about the people though. I met some forum folks down in Houston at a Krucible gig and they were all way cool. I also met Zod and his wife last year and they were very cool.

*I still never met booB.
Dammit.
And that was his fault, too.
I'm waiting for him to show up in this thread and take his lumps.

*I should have spent more time with Bear.

*I missed Iced Earth and the announcements for PPUSA X.
How lame is that?

*For the first time EVER I showed up empty-handed to Jon O.
Just haven't had any time to do any art lately...

*Never did take Bill Hudson up on those drinks he owes me from last year...