The One Concert You Wish You Seen

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
If you could pick one show you did not see but wish you could have what would it have been?

For me I would have to say when Pink Floyd came to New York in either 80 or 81. Only thing is I was born in 81 so it wouldn't have been impossible.

Plan Three in Stokcholm last night.. 20 is the most fucked up age limit.. ever..

Other than that: Pantera.

Hmmm theres a bunch I can think of.

Some of the earlier Marilyn Manson shows in the 90's.

Couple broken up bands I would've loved to see live:

Death From Above 1979
At The Drive-In

Bands i'm still dying to see live:

The Mars Volta
Mastodon
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Brand New
Converge
Any of Mike Pattons bands, Mr. Bungle being my favorite
Isis
Rx Bandits
...And a bunch more

But I guess to answer the question, the one concert I wish I could've seen would be the 1996 Aenima tour by Tool.

Yeah, I missed Tool when they came with Isis for their 10000 Days tour. That choked me up. I didn't have the money to buy the ticket. Two amazing bands and I missed them! ARG!

Any concert from the original Pink Floyd. Any concert from Led Zeppelin. That's a huge regret in my life, being too young to see the mighty Led Zeppelin. They last played the USA in 1977.

Almost went on about other bands I want to see, but the question is one concert. So, for me, the mighty Led Zeppelin.

Bands include...

Pink Floyd (one in each era)
Led Zeppelin ('70s, of course, but I'll take reunion also)
Doors (w/Morrison, but I'd take a reunion)
Black Sabbath (saw the reunion, but would love to see a '70s show)
Deep Purple (one with Ian, one with Dave <-- both perferably '70s)

Umm....

Would've loved to see a rippin' Cactus show back in the '70s. Probably in some shit-hole club, which would just make it that much better.

Oh, yeah, I did miss Dream Theater/Fates Warning/Queensryche, when they came around (although I have seen Queensryche).

I'm sure there are others, but that's good for now...o_O

EDIT: Oops, I failed to read "one band". Oh well, I won't conform...

Rush - still no dice in getting them to play here

Sepultura before Max split - I actually attended that show in 1994, but then my friend got his head cracked by some asshole during the first song and we had to leave for the hospital. Missed the whole show.

Jamiroquai, before Stu Zender left and the acid jazz influences left to be replaced with JK's dance dance machine.

BB King - no amount of times seeing this guy is enough (I caught him only once)

Easy question.

Monterey Pop Festival (June 16th-18th 1967).

Get to see Janis Joplin, Otis Redding and Ravi Shankar, not to mention the Who playing one of the gigs of their lives only to have Jimi Hendrix step it up a notch.