The Opeth Drink Contest

Duvall

Ia!
Jun 13, 2001
Toronto
duvall.lanimal.net
What to do: Concoct a cocktail that best represents Opeth to you. Use relatively easy to find liquors and juices, so we can all try to make them ourselves. We can later have a poll as to whose drink is the best, then petition the band to have it labelled "the official drink of Opeth."

Another important consideration is the name of the drink, so think creatively! I'm in the mood to get smashed, so hop to it!

I've thought of a good Opeth drinking game.

Every time Opeth changes from heavy to acoustic or acoustic to heavy, you gotta have a shot. :loco: hehehe

I'm sure there'd be some drunk Opethians out there.

The Thales guys and me had our own little Opeth drinking game over the weekend in Helsinki :)

It involved about 20 beers each, and much wailing and gnashing of teeth the following morning :)

I even managed to vomit at the entrance of Helsinki airport before my flight home, which is something I can tell my grandchildren about in the years to come.. Ever flown with a hangover? It's not recommended, though I seem to manage it every time I go anywhere..

Originally posted by Lee_B
I even managed to vomit at the entrance of Helsinki airport before my flight home, which is something I can tell my grandchildren about in the years to come.. Ever flown with a hangover?

Heheh, when I was visiting some of my friends in Pietarsaari near Vaasa, the last evening I was there we were, of course, drinking heavily until six A.M. and my plane took off at nine, so I'm at the airport at around eight, trying to kill time and eating cobs and drinking some soda when I start feeling the good old nausea building up.. so I run to the toilet, but for some reason I puke into the sink, which almost flooded over 'cuz it got clogged up because of the bits of bread I had just eaten.

I vanished pretty quickly from the vicinity of that particular toilet. So yeah, flying hungover is one of the most interesting experiences I've had! :)

ANYWAY, the actual topic; the Opeth drink.. I dunno if it fits, but I kinda like Jägermeister. Fancy one, Lee? :heh:

Hmmm... And all the Finns seemed to fall in love with your woman.

Hehe. Especially that REALLY drunk, REALLY huge and VERY dangerous looking guy in the corner bar.. I honestly thought he was going to cause a lot of trouble, and it's lucky that the chair he threw missed us..

ANYWAY, the actual topic; the Opeth drink.. I dunno if it fits, but I kinda like Jägermeister. Fancy one, Lee?

That was an evil brew.. Not as bad as that crazy hot coffee thing though. WTF was that called?

Lee B

Well, the drink should be called the Opethian. Right? Come on. :p

How about some Dewers in it! :D No fruity shit. That's why people can't make it to the damn toilet. That fruity shit will be the death of ya. You’ve got to consider the buzz you get as well as the taste. Now, I've given people a sip of Dewers & Coke and they're not too impressed, but the buzz is very nice!

I know...it's just Dewers & Coke. Not a great drink to submit, but hell...stick a damn umbrella in the thing if you want! :loco:

Lynn

"Their deeds smeared in blood."

My drink is, was, and always will be Jack Daniels straight from the bottle....and remember this little rhyme: "Beer before liquor, never been sicker; liquor then beer, all in the clear". Words to live by. BTW, Jagermeister is the most metal drink besides ol' Jack D.'s
I flew with a hangover once, from LA to New York. I puked in a trashcan in the bathroom here in LA before I left, and told some concerned guy that it was just air sickness, though he doubtlessly noticed the strong smell of whiskey...I should have said "Don't worry, I'm a pilot"....

weird, it's the same idea. but here in Tn. i've always heard "beer before liquor never sicker, liquor before beer never fear." For the drink, how about something with red bull in it (ever tried red bull and Vodka, very good actually). The liquor could represent the acoustic relaxed Opeth and the red bull could represent the fast, heavy parts. just an idea.
Jay

P.S. for those of you who don't know red bull is an energy drink, kind of nasty by itself but,believe it or not,good with vodka.

Okay, after I pay my bills, I'll get some tequila and vodka and give these a go.. I've still yet to create my own.. I'll think about that tonight :)

Wait! I just came up with one.. a simple one, anyway.

In a highball, over ice..
1oz gin
4oz cranberry-grape juice
twist of lime

I call it the "Undisguised Manmade Nova".. or something like that.

I'm gonna come up with the "White Cluster" and the "Demon of the Fall".. haha :)

or some variant on a Prairie Fire :)

Opeth shooters, anyone?

I guess a cement mixer could be renamed "White Cluster"... Drink a shot of baileys, keep it in your mouth, then take a shot (or a wedge) of lime juice or something.. you have to let it curdle in your mouth, then swallow it.. Though I think the "Orgasm" could be renamed "White Cluster" as well...

ewwww

:lol: