The Opeth Song Survivor Finale - When vs The Moor - Vote for your favourite

The poll shall last for 5 days. Vote for the best.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 23, 2002
...And so it comes to this. From 50 songs (by my reckoning) we have got down to just two. I'd give you loads of head-to-head stats, but I seem to have misplaced my results sheet. D'oh. :erk:

Vote for the song which you like best. The winning song will be crowned King of the Opeth Songs or something equally exciting.

May the best song win, may the voters be true, may we hail the winner forever more.

For me, When is one of the five best songs Opeth have ever written. It ranks among April Ethereal, Black Rose Immortal and The Leper Affinity as one of my favourite songs of all time. The Moor is very, very good. In my top 10, for sure. But When just about steals it. MAYH has to have the champion anyway.

a friend that knew nothing about opeth picked 'the moor' based on names alone, but then after getting interested and reading the lyrics she went for 'when' so i picked when, even though i probably would have anyway, just been spinning MAYH a lot more

I pity those who don't appreciate When to its full extent yet. When you do, you'll regret your votes. :)

I think every song on MAYH is as good as The Moor or better, and I love The Moor.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Just out of interest, what are you favourite Opeth songs?

MAYH - The Amen Corner + Demon of the Fall

Still Life - Godhead's Lament + Serenity Painted Death

Don't get me wrong, When and The Moor aren't bad songs, they just aren't my favorites.