The origins of human culture

idk
didn't really think about it too much
i just randomly came across a post in a different thread that totally looked like it belonged in this thread

@zabu of nΩd

I
Even though English is my 'native' language, sometimes when I write it's as if I'm slowly and laboriously translating what's going on in my mind or how I feel about things.
i have the same thing going on when i "write" stuff (including typing on this forum)
it makes what i write come out totally different than how i talk in an out-loud face-2-face conversation
i used to have a ton of shit on a storywrite.com account (an account that i think has now been deleted)
i want to get another storywrite account, or a wattpad account or something
and weirdly it really is just partially just because of how the way i write is so completely different than the way i speak out loud when i'm sober

i also want to video myself when i'm doing "meth talk" because my meth-talk seems to be as if i'm actually talking the way the way that i write
(or at least it seems to me that i'm talking the way that i write when i super-twacked and become hyper-aware of myself talking completely differently than the way that i talk when i'm sober)

didn't really think about it too much

11oz.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if I've shared this at some point in another thread, but was reminded today of Cormac McCarthy's 2017 essay, "The Kekulé Problem." I feel like it might be of interest to some people here, given the nature and topic of this conversation.

@zabu of nΩd
well according to ancient astronaut theory, humans have language and animals don't because humans aren't native to earth
of course I'm over-simplifying this
but the basic idea I'm getting at is that human language couldn't have evolved because if it could have, it would have, in animals as well as us, and all the animals around us would have developed the same language capabilities as humans, where we'd be holding conversations with animals that were vocalizing language like we do instead of the telepathy thing we supposedly had with the animals before Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit