The "Other" Board

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
The folks that went to this unofficial board aren't the true Nevermore fans, but the Redneck-type culture in the Metal community, the ones most of the Pop fans see and judge the rest of us as. They swear frequently, unfairly insult anyone who questions them... The "Bad Apples" would put it best. Why anyone rejects a board format so angrily I don't understand, but I respect that they have an opinion, except when they voice it like a drunk hillbilly... Im sure i'll get nasty replies for this too. :err:

"The folks that went to this unofficial board aren't the true Nevermore fans, but the Redneck-type culture in the Metal community, the ones most of the Pop fans see and judge the rest of us as. "

what is your definition of a true nevermore fan? do you want to please the pop people? do you want to be liked by them?

"They swear frequently, unfairly insult anyone who questions them"

people here swear just as much and i do recall some insults.

"Why anyone rejects a board format so angrily I don't understand"

you rejected our board didn't you?

"Im sure i'll get nasty replies for this too. "

is this a nasty reply?

I agree...I look there and see topics like "I eat my own shit" and "I'm going to rape your mother"...this is the type of discussion you were seeking and regretted not seeing here? What hypocrites they are for bashing this forum's quality.

you guys will be allright

how come i never saw alot of you posting on the old site? real fans huh? ok...

as far as those posts, it's pretty obvious that someone felt insulted for us leaving and decided to bust our chops...

come on it can't get anymore obvious...

That shit *thats a swear word* that was posted there,,,it came from this fucking *yet another swear word* board! So,,who are the rednecks?

Originally posted by Demonspell
I agree...I look there and see topics like "I eat my own shit" and "I'm going to rape your mother"...this is the type of discussion you were seeking and regretted not seeing here? What hypocrites they are for bashing this forum's quality.

well if you didn't write "I eat my own shit" and "I'm going to rape your mother" or posted those pictures of yourself all we would have there would be quality. how dare you accuse anyone of hypocrisy?

I didn't do anything of that sort, I just posted the one message in which I tried to act as a voice of reason and left. I despise flame wars and would never resort to such immaturity, it would be a major insult to my dignity to post such nonsense. And I have never posted my picture anywhere on the net, you could just ask some of the people on the Opeth forum about that. If it actually did emerge from someone here, I would condemn his actions. I and many others sick of hearing about the old/new forum, so leave me out of this.

Originally posted by Demonspell
I and many others sick of hearing about the old/new forum, so leave me out of this. [/B]

you got yourself into this by making foolish assumptions, you gave your opinion now you don't want ours...

so you can dish it out but you can't take it huh?

and i thought you were a "pure narcotic genius"

My, my. I appeared to have sparked a nasty debate... Oh well, I really don't care if they value what those who like the real board or not think. If you want your own board, that's fine. Is it disrespectful to wendy and Nevermore? No, but if you continually complain about it, then yes it is. If Wendy wants to post a link to your new board, that's fine if not, then you can post the link every day or so. But stop the profanity and complaining... It's getting old and worn out, the swearing makes you sound like second graders, and if Warrel or Van or Jim or Jeff were to look in here, they'd be ashamed of us dragging it on like this. I regret posting this topic, and this is the last comment I'm going to post on it. Good day to you all.

God, I hate all this...now I feel split between two factions, are you all happy now?!?!?

You guys don't hate me for staying here for the time being do you??:cry:

Originally posted by Cthulu
how come i never saw alot of you posting on the old site? real fans huh? ok...

Nice logic. Because the old board was honing in on the slayer.net BB as the most pathetic, uninteresting, and disgraceful boards on the Net. A few people seemed to rule there, and if you disagreed with them, then you were in for a whirlwind of abuse that was not justified at all. Since Nevermore is one of my favorite bands, I would always hope it would get better, and now it has.

dam right it's logical...so a prettier board with smilies makes for an interesting conversations and topics? hmmm....

gimme a break, compare these topics to the old ones..."what does DNB mean" compare that to the topics on WD's lyrical credibility and discussions on the 2nd amendment (know which one that is?)

nice try...

dam right it's logical...so a prettier board with smilies makes for an interesting conversations and topics? hmmm....

Did I say that?

gimme a break, compare these topics to the old ones..."what does DNB mean" compare that to the topics on WD's lyrical credibility and discussions on the 2nd amendment (know which one that is?)

Yeah isn't that the one that allows rednecks to walk around feeling tough? I like the new board so I'm not supposed to know constitutional amendments, implying that I'm an idiot. Once again, your logic is weak, just like that board.

hmmm....does an uglier board without smilies do that?

nice try...

yeah,as if we never had posts like "what does CBF mean" SEVERAL times at the old board.If you have such great topics on your mind,why don't you post them?The quality of the forum is defined by our posts only.

nice try...

Who cares what board is prettier,,u fucking girl! Post where u want! If its here,,,fine,,if its at the other,,,fine,,,,in the mean time,,,suck ur moms tit so ur mouth wont flop!