The package heard round the world

Bryant said:
Of course I will send a Fuel CD to Sixx J/k Ha ha ha. In all seriousness, I might send an Accept compilation to him. Sixx seems like the type that would enjoyu Accept, but might be just a little too young to have given a generous dose of their best stuff (in my ears their best stuff BTW & MH.)

Bryant
Well, call me nutz Bryant but I like their first 3 albums the best. I think their's a pretty good chance that 6 agrees with me.

Greeno said:
The disc you send should be something the person has not heard before.... that in it's self could be a challenge with this crue! :)

Holy Shit thats a good Point! though we all do occupy our own lil corners of metal so we should just send what ever is your Favorite Maybe a compilation of great bands on one disc that you think the other hasnt heard it could add some variety

JonnyD said:
Holy Shit thats a good Point! though we all do occupy our own lil corners of metal so we should just send what ever is your Favorite Maybe a compilation of great bands on one disc that you think the other hasnt heard it could add some variety
Yep!! Gotto love that idea. We MUST educate each other on the finer points of METAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL :headbang: Time to haul your pet bands out of the closet rip and burn and send them over to your old school pal's.

I just thought that the term "Old School" get a whole different meaning...:D

sixxswine said:
Like you said for me it's also the hard part know who will send what to who?
We need to get that clear, I guess?

Let's do it this way.... there's just the one "package" and whoever has it get's to choose where it goes next. No order to it at all. So Hawk may get it 3 times before I do.

2 rules:

1.) You can't send it right back to whoever mailed it to you.

2.) You can't send it to someone 2 times in a row.

Anyone think of any other rules.

OK, lets get it started.

If you guys don't mind I'll start it with FANGFACE.

Have you read this thread Fangface? If you're playing along you'll be getting the package first. Have you heard the Burning Star album we were talking about yet, if not that will be the disc sent to you. PM me your address and off we go!

Greeno said:
OK, lets get it started.

If you guys don't mind I'll start it with FANGFACE.

Have you read this thread Fangface? If you're playing along you'll be getting the package first. Have you heard the Burning Star album we were talking about yet, if not that will be the disc sent to you. PM me your address and off we go!
I've not heard it yet, still I've seen plenty of them in a Metal market in Germany this week end :D

Ok thanks, here we go.

Q's
Can I join in?
How do we work out who's not heard what?
Why not make an MP3 player disc instead - that way it should be possible to get 12 albums or so on a CDr? (I know this means a lot of wasted space, initially at least, but Cdr's are fairly cheap)?

Runehammer said:
Q's
Can I join in?
How do we work out who's not heard what?
Why not make an MP3 player disc instead - that way it should be possible to get 12 albums or so on a CDr? (I know this means a lot of wasted space, initially at least, but Cdr's are fairly cheap)?

Sure, you can join in.

To start lets just send 1 album at a time. You get 1 cdr, write a review of it, write a note as to why you're sending the next guy the album that you are, and pop it in the mail. If everyone would rather do it as MP3's that would be cool, let's decide now though. Either way is cool with me.

Do you guys want to add a letter to the package you would you like to do it as a thread here on the board?

JonnyD said:
ya know I dont have a mp3 player .... but I do see the logic in your words .... hmmmm

Really? :OMG: No winamp or anything?

I am new to this lark but I was talking to someone about CDr trades in India and she suggested it, you can fit 12 or so full albms on 1 CDr, they play on the computer and, if you wish, you can burn them to individual Cdr's easy. I was just thinking this would help with the original plan as even around 50 albums would only be 4 Cdr's and that shouldn't impact postage.

Runehammer said:
Really? :OMG: No winamp or anything?

I am new to this lark but I was talking to someone about CDr trades in India and she suggested it, you can fit 12 or so full albms on 1 CDr, they play on the computer and, if you wish, you can burn them to individual Cdr's easy. I was just thinking this would help with the original plan as even around 50 albums would only be 4 Cdr's and that shouldn't impact postage.

lol well der yeah I do have one of those on the other puter but I never listen to that much music on the puter I just dont :D but what you said there is what your previous comment sparked in my head .... sounds like an interesting Idea ..... I mean hell even if that idea didnt go over here I'd be willing to do some trading of that kind with ya