The Peoples Choice: Up The Irons

maiden1

50 QUID.I.A.S.A.FOR
Aug 20, 2007
22 Acacia Avenue
I see a lot of Maiden fans out there, a lot have most or all Maidens Albums.
My Question to the Maiden fans/freaks is, not wots your fav/Album but your fav/Maiden song that rocks your moods.
most people i know would say "The Number Of The Beast":headbang:

I start with "Hallowed be Thy Name" "22 Acacia Avenue" then "The Number Of The Beast" if I start with "The Beast" i'll keep playing "The Beast":headbang:

so wot Maiden song sets your mood for Maiden, gets your blood boilling, wot do you start with that makes you tick?

peoples choice.

cheers::kickass: maiden1

The beginning of Where Eagles Dare always gets my blood pumping...great pummeling Maiden song...

Rock on!

2 Minutes To Midnight. I still remember seeing this video for the first time, and also buying the album on vinyl and being completely blown away by the overall presentation of the album. Constantly staring at the lyrics... I instantly feel 16 again when I hear this song, regardless if it's possibly played out, or not everyone's favorite Maiden track.

a few others...
Moonchild
Infinite Dreams
Killers
Sea of Madness
Still Life
Revelations

Platinum Maze I know how you feel, i listen to Maiden evry day and it always takes me back to 1985:kickass:
let the good times roll on:headbang:

'Flight Of Icarus' my first, my love, my always.

Also worth mentioning:

'Women In Uniform'
'Running Free'
'Wrathchild'
'Purgatory'
'Prodigal Son'
'Number Of The Beast'
'22, Acacia Avenue'
'Hallowed Be Thy Name'
'Revelations'
'The Trooper'
'Still Life'
'Aces High'
'Wasted Years'
'Back In The Village'
'Rime Of The Ancient Mariner'
'Moonchild'
'The Evil That Men Do'
'Only The Good Die Young'
'Caught Somewhere In Time'
'Alexander The Great'
'Run Silent, Run Deep'
'Fear Of The Dark'

I see a lot of Maiden fans out there, a lot have most or all Maidens Albums.
My Question to the Maiden fans/freaks is, not wots your fav/Album but your fav/Maiden song that rocks your moods.
most people i know would say "The Number Of The Beast":headbang:

I start with "Hallowed be Thy Name" "22 Acacia Avenue" then "The Number Of The Beast" if I start with "The Beast" i'll keep playing "The Beast":headbang:

so wot Maiden song sets your mood for Maiden, gets your blood boilling, wot do you start with that makes you tick?

peoples choice.

"The Flight of Icarus"

I have to go with 'Where Eagles Dare' for great loud galloping riffs (especially while operating a motor vehicle) & 'Holy Smoke' when when I need some attitude (also good medicine while operating a motor vehicle). :kickass:

ive always got fuckin pumpin and aaahhh adrenaline rush from BE QUICK OR BE DEAD. got that song gets me fired up for maiden. i always listen to that in the lot before i go into the show.

another is FUTUREAL. man i just feel im on another plane opening up that track, i feel like i have another huge unexplored land ahead of me if i start listening to maiden with this song.

another one is SEA OF MADNESS.the first 2 i put on when i want to listent to maiden, but no song imperticular because of what i said they do. but this song is if i am not really in a mood or am not thinkin "FUCKIN MAIDEN TIME!" at the moment...this will get me thinkin that.

of course there are others, i could keep going with a list that would most likely wind up naming every song, excluding como estais amigo. :headbang:

but other worthy mentions that often start me off listening to maiden:

Out Of The Silent Planet (also one i LOVE to end on)
Rainmaker
The Fugitive
Murders In The Rue Morgue
QUEST FOR FIRE! YES! HAHAHAH!
Purgatory
Public Enema

I really got bored with The Trooper, RTTH, TNOTB, Prowler and few other songs they overplayed through the years...
But these always get my blood pumping madly:
Duellists
Flash Of The Blade
Public Enema Number One
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Moonchild
Genghis Khan
Wicker Man
Sign Of The Cross
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Revelations
Aces High
Invaders (I wish they would play this one live!)

Did I mention that Powerslave is my all time fave album? :lol:

Question for the freaks of Maiden :zombie: :yell: :devil: Who sang this song first "Wimen In Uniform" Iron Maiden or Sky Hooks.:confused:

I could Google it:yow: but I thought someone on this Forum would know:err:
The first time I heard this song was in 85-86:loco: me thinks. I can't remember who sang it first, but Maiden sang it with KONGS BALLS..:kickass: :Smokedev: :worship: Thanks for your in-put..:headbang:

cheers :kickass: maiden1

cheers :headbang: No-Mercy, thats all good, Maiden made it their own in the end, it was like it was written for Maiden,
I couldn't see another Metal band singing it like Maiden do:Smokedev: :Smokedev: :Smokedev: I give it 3 out of 3.

cheers:kickass: for the info/ maiden1

"For He Who Walks Alone, Die's Alone" maiden1:Smokedev:

Speaking of covers, I actually like IM's version of Cross Eyed Mary better than Tull's version, which is sort of sacrilege, to me. :heh:

I'm very partial to Children of the Damned....