The Philosophy of Heavy Metal

neoclassical

Mar 10, 2004
www.anus.com
During an unusual time, in which a large number of bigger historical trends reached one of those periodistic points of brutal evidence, metal music punched through the pleasant facade of mainstream music and brought to bear upon a slumbering populace remnants of the ancient Indo-European spirit of vir. It did so through a Romanticist, Faustian form of music-culture which to this day remains controversial, despite the attempts of commercial bands to turn it into a predictable, fatalistic, impotent version of itself.

http://www.anus.com/metal/about/philosophy/

metal music punched through the pleasant facade of mainstream music and brought to bear upon a slumbering populace remnants of the ancient Indo-European spirit of vir.

I thought it was getting laid.

metal music punched through the pleasant facade of mainstream music and brought to bear upon a slumbering populace remnants of the ancient Indo-European spirit of vir.

This reminds me of something of I read today.

PKD said:
...humanity, how worthless they are, ruled by their testicles...

Doesn't sound so great when you word it a bit differently, eh? :)

I don't understand why this is being posted now. It's not like metal was just discovered. I think everyone already knows where the genres came from. Get the fuck out, ANUS-fag.

Meh, I just ignore all the Anus-hatred these days, most of SRP's articles are a good read though they can be redundant at times, and the site itself is very useful and insightful in places, though flawed in others.

My deal is that the site is a borderline joke site with a few interesting ideas. Generally, it suffers from saying far too much where little is adequate.

Every review is a joke, utilizing completely retarded metaphors and large, complex language for no apparent reason. In the 35092676498467 words it takes them to describe an album, I can get it across with the exact same point in about 5.

And they think thrash songs are thirty seconds long. I've never seen a serious thrash song that was thirty seconds long.

Not to say i completely understand his language all the time, but i find the reviews to be more useful than "uh, there's some drums and some guitars and i , uh , liked the album."

Oh I definitely agree that their reviews are more helpful than THAT. It's just that, it's hard to picture a lot of the stuff he says. They sound like they're trying too hard to be wordy.

I like your reviews, man. They're descriptive without using such descriptions as "wollen tissues of engorged distortion." That's completely awful and doesn't give any SIGHT to what was said whatsoever. It's like describing something with something completely unrelated and passing it off as visual.

With Prozak I get the feeling he knows what he's talking about but enjoys writing it as twattishly as possible, rather than is just hiding his inability to analyse behind nonsensical language. I'll give him that at least.