The photography thread

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
I just went out and took some pictures of my nearby forest in autumn. These are not half as gay as BWD's pics of autumn forests though... :p Since I know Sorath takes a lot of forest photos and NAD (or was it?) is interested in photography etc, and I'm sure some of the other people here are, I thought I'd start this thread where people can post their pictures. Here are mine:

http://nw.ath.cx/~lutz/hoest/index.html

Enjoy...

Nice. You even managed to capture a troll in one of them. :p

NAD has some excellent photographs also. He sent me a bunch - when I set my scanner up, I'll digitize them, otherwise he might have electronic copies himself.

pict2199.jpg

this one strikes me as being cool

I took some pictures of two raccoons that visited me last night on my porch, it was surreal. They kept coming back and were highly interested in my flash.

My small gallery, only a fraction of the nature shots I have taken though, as I don't have a scanner and digital cameras are teh suck: http://www.customtacos.com/gallery2/showgallery.php?ppuser=560&cat=500&thumb=1

I'm looking through ya'lls galleries, very nice photography. I want to visit Sweden.

EDIT: Yeah, my gallery is a truck site, hence all the pics of my stupid Toyotas. That's the only place I have to host images though. :)

Heehee, nice powerplant. Is that first one the same location as the one BWD pointed out?

Nope. It's not far from it though and it looks mostly the same. They're man-made ditches, which makes them less grim than they'd be if they were natural streams... But whatever :p

Today marked the arrival of the winter's first snow in Umeå. I took some more forest pictures, in perfect silence:
Those are just so grim ..

You should set up a website selling these pics to bands for their CD inserts ... tr00 bands only!

Erik said:
Nope. It's not far from it though and it looks mostly the same. They're man-made ditches, which makes them less grim than they'd be if they were natural streams... But whatever :p
Either way, those pictures in particular are really awe-inspiring. I looked at that for a while before replying here...

You know what is fucked up, it was in the mid-90s here this past weekend, even the mountains had temp in the 80s. I love the heat and all, but it's fucking October!!! That's why I want to move back to the desert, sure it's 115 degrees in August, but those locations get snow every few years too.

If you had a proper browser it would kind of resize the images on the fly to the proper size and let you zoom in if you wanted to :Smug: