Rain Forest Pics!! (In association with Larf's hiking thread!)

Hell yeah the west coast is the best coast!!! I live down in Portland, Oregon and we have some amazing scenery here also. I have a picture album of photo's of all the waterfalls I have visited with my girlfriend. There are about 120 different ones in it and we have only scratched the surface. I know without a doubt when we settle down for good it will be in the pacific northwest. This is truly paradise here!!!! I need to get a digital camera so I can post pics online for people to see. Dead Foetus....The pictures are awe inspiring, just more confirmation of how incredible the country is up here. Thanks for posting them!!! By the way...have you ever come down and checked out the Columbia River Gorge??

Thanks again, ya'll!

neal, always remember.... the shit apples don't fall far from the shit tree.

plaguewilder - I've actually never been to Oregon, and I've lived in Washington my whole life, heh.

Nice shots Kevin!. Have you ever tried camping at the Wentachee National Forest? I have some great shots from a couple of camping trips there. I recommend camping along the Mad River. Great trails, wildlife and scenery.

Lillitu said:
Nice shots Kevin!. Have you ever tried camping at the Wentachee National Forest? I have some great shots from a couple of camping trips there. I recommend camping along the Mad River. Great trails, wildlife and scenery.

Sounds like my kind of place! I have friends in Wenatchee, too. The only place I've camped in Eastern Washington is the Potholes, around the 4th of July like 3 years ago. It was fun, but there was no possible way to escape the heat. No shade, no cold water (except the lake) or anything. The cliff diving and swimming were fun though, but we were there for like 5 days which is too long in the heat heh.

Awesome pics man! I live in Oregon and can completely relate to your weekend of kick ass scenery!! Thanks for posting those pics!! *reminds self to go hiking SOON!!*

dead_fetus said:
Sounds like my kind of place! I have friends in Wenatchee, too. The only place I've camped in Eastern Washington is the Potholes, around the 4th of July like 3 years ago. It was fun, but there was no possible way to escape the heat. No shade, no cold water (except the lake) or anything. The cliff diving and swimming were fun though, but we were there for like 5 days which is too long in the heat heh.

Yes, Wenatchee National Forest definitely has shade, water and places to escapte the heat. I usually go to Potholes the weekend of Labor Day with friends for an annual 'last of summer' blow out. Wenatchee is easier on the eyes and internal temperature.