The photography thread

Awesome shot Jarrko!

Okay guys, last couple of Halloween pics I'll probably be doing, or at least posting on here:

6285713171_35ce265a90_z.jpg

6289552964_eb74a1c0fe_z.jpg

You can see the whole series on my Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35570017@N07/

Happy Halloween!

^^ great pictures all,
@joe, that looks pretty weird.. i mean that in a good way!!
@stef, yours looks very surreal.. cool :)
@jarkko, good shot, but a little bit too much sharpness on this one for me.. i´m not flipping about the hdr stuff. Perhaps its also intentional..but i think it would look more natural if the whole background would be blurred.. but i think the picture with anchor on top if the page is just awesome.. its a really great shot with a very good focus and contrast!!

now enough talk, here are some done by me :)

Blatt.jpg

DSC_2277.jpg

DSC_2380.jpg

cheers
exoslime

Here are some of mine

l.jpg

Went to a Steven Wilson concert
l.jpg

They started to play behind a white curtain
l.jpg

the man himself
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

And finally two cool long exposure shots
No editing or colour correction at all there

l.jpg

l.jpg

hey... i finally got my hands on a bridge camera with shutter speed and aperture controls..
I kinda got a question for those of you who've tried star photography, i was shooting the night sky and well, imagined that I would like to lower the ISO and bump up the aperture and exposure time to as much as I could on this camera (a Sony DSC V1) so i set it to a f2.8 and 30 sec time.
Now an interesting thing happened, the stars exposed nicely, but they also moved a little. Now i know that's normal but I thought it wouldn't be captured in 30sec, any recommended settings to start with for shooting the stars at night?
thanks!

hey... i finally got my hands on a bridge camera with shutter speed and aperture controls..
I kinda got a question for those of you who've tried star photography, i was shooting the night sky and well, imagined that I would like to lower the ISO and bump up the aperture and exposure time to as much as I could on this camera (a Sony DSC V1) so i set it to a f2.8 and 30 sec time.
Now an interesting thing happened, the stars exposed nicely, but they also moved a little. Now i know that's normal but I thought it wouldn't be captured in 30sec, any recommended settings to start with for shooting the stars at night?
thanks!

You shouldn't be getting star trails at 30s. The camera/tripod probably shook. Was it windy? You'll start getting small trails around the 90s range.

This was 2 minutes, and you can see small star trails, but I have a 57s exposure taken in that same set that has no trails

6036500070_c2c02ca51b_o.jpg

I shoot at f/8 or above if your camera is good at high ISO (800-1600 range works well for me); if not you can still shoot at 2.8 but the sky will be noticeably less sharp at that aperture