The photography thread

Because metal people are forbidden to have feelings? :err:

Did I said that? Dont try to pull distorted meanings of my words.
Anyway this has gone too far so I will not post again about this subject. Because, already someone said it, this is the place to post photos and not to give opinions about the models.

Hey gents.

I want to use my DSLR for capturing live video shows. I'm buying the shit to use my old Q3 for audio and now I need to get a new mem card.

Is a 40mb/sec SDXC card ok for this? I saw cards with speeds twice as fast but fuck me they are pricey per gig. I can get 64gigs at 40mb per second SDXC (class 10) for less than fiddy bucks. Likewise though there is the "extreme" version that does 65mb/second for more than twice that price.

Finally got out and did some stuff.

15334782247_d6502c15b0_z.jpg
[/url]Anxiety by Joel Adams7, on Flickr[/IMG]

15334781257_4d33fc2ee2_z.jpg
[/url]Unrequited by Joel Adams7, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sold all my Canon gear (5DIII, etc.) and switched to a Fuji X-Pro 1. Absolutely in love with the colours and detail from this thing, dynamic range destroys the 5D. Here's a few shots from Indonesia this weekend.

SCAP1522.jpg

SCAP1544.jpg

SCAP1545.jpg

SCAP1553.jpg

SCAP1558.jpg

it was a a new mic day for me recently, a Manley reference cardoid pattern microphone and a Peluso 2247 Limited Edition.. gear is always a patient model to shoot :)

Manley_01.jpg

Peluso_01.jpg

Peluso_02.jpg

Peluso_03.jpg

Sold all my Canon gear (5DIII, etc.) and switched to a Fuji X-Pro 1. Absolutely in love with the colours and detail from this thing, dynamic range destroys the 5D. Here's a few shots from Indonesia this weekend.
Could you maybe resize the pictures? They really mess up the layout, and it's not easy to look at such huge pictures.

15419335049_817656d809_b.jpg

Did some photos for the diner of a friend featuring 4 new sandwiches, I can't post them all at the moment and they're quite similar
when it comes to lighting. Nothing fancy, only used my old & dirty Canon 400D with the cheap 50mm 1.8 and the cheapest continous
light softbox you can find (30€ including stand and bulb) + a cheap reflector, that's it.
I think it turned out quite good for that, these photos are only little teasers for facebook and so on, a friend of mine is going to take
some more serious and more professional ones including old cars and motorcycles ;)

Did some photos for the diner of a friend featuring 4 new sandwiches, I can't post them all at the moment and they're quite similar
when it comes to lighting. Nothing fancy, only used my old & dirty Canon 400D with the cheap 50mm 1.8 and the cheapest continous
light softbox you can find (30€ including stand and bulb) + a cheap reflector, that's it.
I think it turned out quite good for that, these photos are only little teasers for facebook and so on, a friend of mine is going to take
some more serious and more professional ones including old cars and motorcycles ;)
Nothing wrong with the plastic fantastic 50mm.

The photo looks great, the only thing thats bugging me is that the text is blurry. Maybe thats because it was on a chalkboard while you took the photo. Personally, i would choose for a blank chalkboard, and add the name of the sandwich with Photoshop.

@Arvoitus, that's actually what I did ;) But the background wasn't sharp 100% so a sharp text on it looked fake, played around alot with the blur until I got it
to a similar blur level as the background. I wanted it to look like the text was written on the chalkboard, but each of the 4 different sandwiches has a different
name with a fitting font, so it was way easier to add it in photoshop later.

Anyways, thanks for the compliments on the photo guys! We're doing a halloween special next friday, maybe I'll have some time outside of the kitchen to shoot
some of it, there will be brain cupcakes and stuff like that ;)

@Arvoitus, that's actually what I did ;) But the background wasn't sharp 100% so a sharp text on it looked fake, played around alot with the blur until I got it
to a similar blur level as the background. I wanted it to look like the text was written on the chalkboard, but each of the 4 different sandwiches has a different
name with a fitting font, so it was way easier to add it in photoshop later.
Yeah, thats what i thought as soon as i placed my post. I can understand why you blurred the text, if you tried it out then it was probably the right choice to blur it.

I can't really predict how it will look with a sharp font ... maybe like this:

faux-slate-background-from-WhipperBerry1.jpg

@StefTD
your photo looks soooo delicious, suddenly im very hungry now!!
turned out really great

and i agree with arvoitus, the blurred text doesnt look right somehow
i understand that a perfectly sharp text with hard edges perhaps wont look great either, what i do in such cases sometimes is add a very smooth and gentle surrounding black shadow around it to kinda embed the text into the background,
or make perhaps the text sharp, but color it not as 100% white but instead of a very light gray,

yeah, it may have worked better if the background was even more blury and the text, too, this way it doesn't look as good as I hoped ;)

Anyways, tomorrow we're shooting 2 new sandwiches for our halloween party, going to play around with candles and so on, this time
probably with a sharp text - thanks alot for all your constructive critics guys, really appreciating it!

Still quite relieved that you guys get hungry from the sandwich and believe me, it tastes better than it looks ;)

yeah, it may have worked better if the background was even more blury and the text, too, this way it doesn't look as good as I hoped ;)

Anyways, tomorrow we're shooting 2 new sandwiches for our halloween party, going to play around with candles and so on, this time
probably with a sharp text - thanks alot for all your constructive critics guys, really appreciating it!

Still quite relieved that you guys get hungry from the sandwich and believe me, it tastes better than it looks ;)
Maybe if you use a sharp font, but use 80 or 90% transparancy? I'm just thinking out loud ...

Good luck with it, and keep posting pics. Food photography is a really interesting and cool part of photography, i would like to try it sometimes but i don't really have the time, material or patience for it.