The pics thread

aspen
l_7130f82c943048b0aa582c6629bcd3e3.jpg

if you all hate it, then i know its perfect
~gR~

I love it.

i would choose the middle chick easily. the top one needs a paper bag and the bottom one is too blonde and silicone
If anyone needs a paper bag it's the middle one tbh.
Bottom, then top. But that's my normal approach.

aspen
l_7130f82c943048b0aa582c6629bcd3e3.jpg

if you all hate it, then i know its perfect
~gR~
I hate it because I know what it says and yet I still can't figure it out. It's better than the old Wolves in the Throne Room logo, though, in that it's not fucking hideous to boot.

hmmm...adding another RE to the dumb chick pics..

The middle girl is the only one who looks like a real person with possibly a soul, so do I chance that some of you guys aren't really knowledgable in that field or is it just cooler to go for the inflated blonde look? :loco:

Actually...figured the logo out. Make the E and N clearer and it works.

Middle girl looks stupid and also is demonstrably a webcam whore. Fail.

thanks for the opinions. i do want to make the A a little more obvious. just tweak the top of the second tree to the left. what do you think?

edit: and make the cross branch in the N bolder. but i like the E heheh
~gR~

The E would be okay if it was less tangled in the N.
It's funny because my bassist has a black metal project called Ashen and I drew up a logo for him that looked a lot like that iirc.

If you weren't there for xorv claiming there was a genre called forest metal back in his drug-crazed days then is it gonna be funny when I explain it?

EDIT: okay, xorv used to be incredibly fucked up. now he's sorta weird-normal. Before he was really really weird and apparently high all the time. He made this one really really funny post about Nazi dolls and every other post he made was trolling or stupidity. The Nazi post was funny enough to make up for all the trolling, though. Anyhow, I forget why but at some point he claimed a genre existed called forest metal and several times brought it up thereafter. iirc he couldn't list any "forest metal" releases but still maintained it existed. It's apparently distinct from lo-fi BM with acoustic passages that tries to be all folky.

According to a review on metal-archives, one of the Marblebog full lengths (Marblebog is fairly well known forest metal) is not pure forest metal but also contains generic Odinpop. So watch out for that.