The pics thread

One of the few things I miss from my days as a PC user.

:lol:

angkor-StacyRushton.jpg

Was looking for something sick to post on the vile putrid covers thread and found this.

Actually, no, the Aztecs had both the lamest castle and the best castle units.

The mayans had the worst castle units; their fully upgraded mayan archer dude was less powerful than an arbalest...thanks, guys.

Vikings had the most badass unique units, but they actually sucked as a civ. That one Viking scenario was awesome, though.

I remember playing death-match online (before the mayan/aztec add on) all the time. The numerous clans that formed, some legitimate, some just plain silly. Like the pokemon clan. (blastor, charmander, and whatever the fuck)
Although the best that I remember was AOTD (Army of the Dead) and KOTL (Knights of the Lord) with actual websites, forums, rankings, and all the extras. Plus the famous I_DAN_I, considered the best player ever in AOE deathmatch.

:lol:

angkor-StacyRushton.jpg

Was looking for something sick to post on the vile putrid covers thread and found this.

Hardly putrid. I went there to that very spot last year: it's an ancient Khmer temple called Ta Prohm in Cambodia which is overgrown by the jungle. The trees are so big it's mindblowing.

The entire series of temples there, of which there are many, are among the oldest collection of temples in the world. It's an amazing place, and the great news for travellers is that yet more temples, long hidden by the jungle, are being discovered.

More pics here.

Actually, no, the Aztecs had both the lamest castle and the best castle units.
Not sure aboute that, Mongols and Brittons for example both had great castle units.
The mayans had the worst castle units; their fully upgraded mayan archer dude was less powerful than an arbalest...thanks, guys.
The mayan archer dude ruled, it was cheap as hell and almost as fast as a mounted unit.

The best civs were the Turks and the Koreans though. Especially Koreans wall of death tactics were redicolous.

Tarkans were badass for wrecking an enemies town but they couldn't do a whole lot against other units. Jaguar warriors fully upgraded could massacre everything, were cheap as hell, and could destroy buildings quickly. They were kinda slow, though.

The Franks were good in that a fully upgraded paladin = massive win

The Koreans were pretty meh.

My strategy in the game consisted of farming -> power economy -> fuckton of one unit -> repeat until victory
I developed some little strategies like marking out my territory using forests and castles so that if the enemy wanted to, say, mine gold or stone within my territory he'd have to take out a castle, which would mean a full-scale assault. With my badass economy I could almost always repel that. When I say "mark out territory" I mean "take half the map", by the way.

I wasn't all that good, though.