The pics thread

muir3-1.png

~gR~

I disagree WAIF, I think it is actually very, very effective and if I saw it in a store, I'd buy it. The second one at least. Maybe post a proof of it with WAIF's criticisms intact (smaller, centered logo) but the second one is much better, colorwise.

I disagree WAIF, I think it is actually very, very effective and if I saw it in a store, I'd buy it. The second one at least. Maybe post a proof of it with WAIF's criticisms intact (smaller, centered logo) but the second one is much better, colorwise.

see above

the centered look reminds me of an isis cover
~gR~

That's even better than I expected. Now just crop out a CD-cover sized chunk with the logo in the center and you have the cover. Hang on a sec.
EDIT: quadruple-ninja'd. Uploading to photobucket.
EDIT2: did this in paint
aspen.jpg

I like this more.

nah, i dont want to crop it. takes away from the epicness. well, i might have to crop it on the bottom to make it the same shape as a cd cover.

anyone know what the dimensions need to be?
~gR~

:kickass:
I dig that photo, though. Maybe you could have the back be that photo in it's entirety with the track listing + shit over it?
EDIT: ahh...
No idea what the dimensions are. Time to get out a ruler and find a pixel-to-inch converter.
EDIT: I feel like my version is even more epic because it's the logo floating over this pass that leads to an unknown and mysikvlt valley beyond, laden with fog. Has more atmosphere than the actual photo.

yeah, i see what you mean. however, muir is a reference to yosemite. and that picture is of yosemite from inspiration point. it might help it make more sense

edit: i dunno, i'm totally open to opinions. you are my sounding board
~gR~

hmm...how many people are gonna understand it anyways?
The one I did is still of Yosemite...just less of Yosemite.
Still, makes sense. Just go back and take that picture under the full moon.

Dimensions of front cover art = 4.75 in x 4.75 in. You should do this in Photoshop and work with an image that is 300+ DPI, which is the norm for good quality printed material.

Tbh I think WAIF's is better.
With the entire picture it's abit overwhelming and takes your eye away from the fact it's a CD cover.
If you made that into CD form it'd look abit squashed as well I reckon.
Print the full cover on some kind of unfolding cd cover, like the re-release of Unleashed - Shadows in the Deep I got.
Shows a cropped version on the cover, and unfolds into the full image on the other side.