The pics thread

*searching*

if i cant get it to 300 dpi, i may just say fuck it and go with a grey logo and title on matte black hahaha
~gR~

GR, don't do that. Where's your original pic? If it's over 1000 px square (plus some if need be), that's fine. Since your logo seems to be vector, you can scale that however much you want. Type can be vector too if you use Illustrator, so don't just say "fuck it" unless you stole the pic off the internet :p

i may have "discovered" it off the interwebs...

i'm actually concered about copyright issues, but i might try to get permission.
~gR~

You should contact the person about the rights and obtain them. You might have to pay. Alternatively, go take some of your own photos.

yeah, it would be easy enough to take my own picture from there, but not with the uber grim clowds and snow.

i contacted the owner
~gR~

yeah, fingers crossed. the original photographer was... erm... ansel adams hahaha. his estate has a publishing trust...

there are some decent shots available on shutter stock, minus the awesome clouds which really make the photo... however, if i go with WAIF's idea, i can just take any B&W of the area and crop it.
~gR~

finally came in from www.planet-caravan.com, fits perfectly which is a plus
100_0392.jpg

Tbh I think WAIF's is better.
With the entire picture it's abit overwhelming and takes your eye away from the fact it's a CD cover.
If you made that into CD form it'd look abit squashed as well I reckon.
Print the full cover on some kind of unfolding cd cover, like the re-release of Unleashed - Shadows in the Deep I got.
Shows a cropped version on the cover, and unfolds into the full image on the other side.

Yeah, that would be really cool. Like Queensryche's Promised Land - good, effective cover, and then amazing full art.

This is such an awful picture thanks to my friend in the background and the stupid expression on my face but regardless...I met George Romero and my life feels a bit more awesome now because of this.

l_cdcbb25780dd463dbd75e86f30a1a400.jpg