The pics thread

facepalm.jpg

While in Bali my partner and I did some yoga classes (yes, laugh away but we've been doing it for a couple of months now and it's brutal as fuck you wouldn't believe it)... anyway, we did a mini-shoot of stuff while we were away. I'm pretty happy with how it went because the results look like they were done in a studio, and not shot at the edge of a swimming pool at the villa we rented.

198989_161641073890641_107601375961278_324021_1089133_n.jpg

More here for those who want to check it out.

A "before and after example" to give you an idea of the processing.

199052_161641840557231_107601375961278_324025_3383202_n.jpg

I've never met anyone serious about yoga who didn't have a RIPPED body. My friend does yoga and she has the best body of any human female I've ever seen.

Yep, my other half - and who I shot those photos of :)

There's nothing funny about Yoga. That shit is brutal when you are first starting it. I gained a lot of respect for it when I was in Hawaii and Ashley was showing me some of the positions.

Oh you bet. We started doing hot yoga (that's also known as Bikram Yoga) - and you do it in a heated room at 38°C (that's 100.4°F). It's more punishing than anything you can imagine.

In that one hour alone you'll smash through 1-1.5L of water. Because of the heat you have to really concentrate and focus, it's very challenging. But in the end, you feel like you've really accomplished something. It doesn't matter if you can't do all the asana's (positions) properly as you improve much faster than you think.

When we went to Bali, none of the classes were heated (mind you, it's really hot there anyway), but the style is more meditative and the classes are 90 mins. So we got punished for 60 mins followed by 30 mins of breathing exercises (very hard at that point because your heartrate is going off, but that's part of the challenge anyway).

It's really good stuff. I enjoy it far more than the gym, but my god it can be VERY hard. Makes you very aware of your own body and how much our daily working lives are bad for our bodies. And there's a lot more men doing it now than you'd think.

Pretty cool that it was able to turn out that way.

What camera and lenses do you have btw?

Thanks. I didn't plan it, I was going to process them more in line with the original images, but then it turned out differently so I just ran with it.

Here's another before and after. This one was the hardest to process.

198868_161641870557228_107601375961278_324026_57235_n.jpg

In terms of equipment I used:

- large gold circular reflector
- body Canon 7D
- lens: shitty stock standard Canon EF 18-55mm

mode/settings: M, ISO 800, f/16, shutter 1/200 sec. Focal length 18mm

Women in yoga pants make my pants tighter.

:lol: I won't lie, if you saw the chicks I do my classes with, you'd pass out. Some of them are in such incredible shape, it's just bullshit. But we're not talking supertits and superbooties (yawn) - we're talking toned and super lean. Makes the focusing a bit difficult at times!

Are you familiar with many 12-tone and atonal composers? Nishimura, one of my favorites, has some beautiful string pieces.

Actually I have zero knowledge, expertise or particular interest in that entire subgenre of orchestral music. I will check out some Youtube videos though. I am very boring and I play straightforward major-minor key bullshit. The more melodramatic and Jewish-sounding, the more I enjoy playing it.

@Grant thanks for the compliment!

Still uploading more lol.

100mm 2.8 Macro L IS

I might be ordering my last lens for a long while now too, the 24-70mm L.

I want it so badly, but fuck do I also want IS on that bad boy.