The pics thread

these are my sunglasses. Julbo Nomads from REI...$60. best fucking sunglasses I've ever had. I was tired of the cheapy ones always breaking on me because my head is too big. I've had these now for two or three years and they are fucking outstanding

G6ILQ.jpg

Expensive sunglasses have much better lenses and protection from UV and usually fit and wear better. I have two good pairs, some classic mirrored Ray-Ban aviators, and some Maui Jim Peahis:

maui_jim_peahi_gloss_black.jpg

Both have polarized lenses. The Maui Jims are super comfy and have spring loaded hinges.

Am I the only one that has never owned a pair of sunglasses (ignoring a pair of mini Ray Bans I had when I was ~4 years old)? I understand that there are applications for people that drive frequently towards the sun's light, but just walking around I've never understood it. Plus it means that if you say hi to me wearing them that I'll have no clue who you are.

Squinting because of bright light is uncomfortable and gives you crow's feet. Plus here in Aus, there is no ozone layer left at all, so the sun is harsh as fuck.

Also everyone I know wears sunnies and I've never really had trouble recognising them because of it.

Yeah if you like purple stained teeth.

I like my girls butch as fuck. Not "bull dyke" butch, but "looks trim and ladylike but can lift really heavy things, use power tools and drink whiskey"

I prefer my womanz toofless.

My glasses for the last 3 years:

Polarized Oakley Whisker > All

Those are nice indeed.

he does have a very french stache going tho

:cool: It was longer and curled slightly at the ends which I thought was hilarious, and my goatee was really long too but then I trimmed it up.

these are my sunglasses. Julbo Nomads from REI...$60. best fucking sunglasses I've ever had. I was tired of the cheapy ones always breaking on me because my head is too big. I've had these now for two or three years and they are fucking outstanding

Yeah pretty much. For years I just went to Wal-Mart and bought some Berkley fishing sunglasses, and for $15 you really couldn't beat them, polarized and all. The only reason I bought these Oakley's (first pair ever) was because I had a 30% discount card for online purchases (that and my brother was like THOSE ARE BADASS GET THEM - stupid peer pressure) so I bought them, that shirt I posted, and a belt for $90. Not a bad deal imo.

Oh, and prolonged exposure to sunlight can damage your retinas my friend. Wear sunglasses. Besides, if you get your lenses dark enough, it gives you free reign to scope out the bitches without getting caught.

I've never, ever, even at my most superficial, seen the point of expensive sunglasses. The most I've ever spent on a pair of shades was $25.

I used to be this way, until I got the glasses I have now. Got them hugely discounted, but they are still expensive, and worth it. Titanium frames, lightweight. I forget I have them on sometimes.

I have a pair of Minute 2.0 Oakleys. they are excellent!
crystal clear vision, comfortable, and safety glasses rated.
I dont just feel protected from the sun, but from rocks and everything else also.
dammit, now I want to order a custom pair with Krigloch engraved on the lens. :lol:

I have a pair of 10 dollar aviators that I'll wear every once in awhile, plus they fit over my glasses without looking completely stupid.