The pics thread

You've obviously never had to dispose of an entire apartment's worth of appliances and furniture without so much as a bicycle. Private transportation is convenient as hell.

Real freedom and convenience is the ability to hover in place or fly at supersonic speeds in the same vehicle! We should seriously put funds together to build flying saucers.

So you don't see a point in cars because they can't fly or drive at a supersonic speed? Or because you think that if we allocated a higher budget to research and development for public transportation that we EVENTUALLY could build flying saucers that would take us to various "saucer stops" and then have to walk the rest of the way to our destination?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you just eat pureed Kraft singles and Alfredo sauce with ground beef mixed in it? Vegetables are awesome.

It's the perfect pizza. Eat the vegetables off the top and then you are left with cheese, sauce and ham. It's like having your salad AND your pizza.

Veggie pizza is the bomb diggity, yo.

Did you miss the part that said "cheese, sauce and ham?" It is totally a pizza. AND there is cinnamon baked into the crust.

Now it sounds gross.

EDIT: Fuck flying saucers, teleportation is where it's at.

I don't get the point of cars. It's like having a fast metal box that you pay lots of money for to take a huge risk in simple transportation that could be done faster and cheaper if people spent the same money on creating public transportation. I may sound crazy now, but the day that flying pod things transport us around, you will feel stupid.

:lol: wtf. Cars are one of the greatest human inventions.

Finally got a new truck! Traded my shitbox 92 Mercury in and got this, it's an 09 Nissan Titan. Long overdue, i now have something with air conditioning and horsepower as a daily driver.

Nice upgrade, you will shortly join that exclusive "pays out the ass for gas" club. Only drawback to having a big truck. Totally worth it though.

And the resident name gamer (F&F) needs to come down to planet earth at some point.

I actually kind of agree with him about the concept of flying machines being more "free." And while he didn't mention the cool factor, the only thing cooler than a Bugatti Veyron or a Ferrari FXX is an F-22 Raptor. And the F/A-18 Hornet. And the Stealth Bomber. And the SR-71 Blackbird. etc.

Too bad mushrooms aren't vegetables.

I just think that building cities and other settlements to create convenient transportation via car ends up wasting a lot of space and resources. If stuff were built without making space for roads, there would be more space for parks, residential areas, etc. People could ride bikes to get where they want to go, and if they need to travel long distances they can take a train or fly. Of course, moving pretty much requires a truck, but other alternatives can be created.

The problem with non-traditional transportation (in this case, anything but cars), is the huge undertaking of building that kind of infrastructure. It's an incredibly difficult and expensive thing that everyone, government and private sector alike, is loathe to attempt.