The pics thread

It's a pretty complicated venture really. Our bread and butter will the auto body shop, which will most likely take place in that building pictured. We're also going to dabble in areas of resale/installation of aftermarket modification parts like wheels, tires, exhaust and intake kits, and branch out from there into more complicated areas. Ontop of all this, I plan to start a car sales lot at the front of the property. If it's all done right, this is going to be a very good business imo.

Given the future state of the US, economically, I agree. I know a few self employed mechanics and business is booming. People can't afford to buy new cars, or in many cases get loans in general, so fixing the old one is the only option. I see this as the beginning of a long term state of affairs.

Edit: If I were you I would look into Automatic Transmission repair/replacement. A lot of engines will outlast multiple automatic transmissions.

Wonderfull place, there also you have a lot of place, you said it aaahah.

Well richard good luck on that! if you want you cant made it, it will be hard and many hours of job... The best!

Given the future state of the US, economically, I agree. I know a few self employed mechanics and business is booming. People can't afford to buy new cars, or in many cases get loans in general, so fixing the old one is the only option. I see this as the beginning of a long term state of affairs.

Edit: If I were you I would look into Automatic Transmission repair/replacement. A lot of engines will outlast multiple automatic transmissions.

Well, truth of the matter is we're going to market ourselves as a "one stop shop." We're going to promote the fact that "we" can do window tint, upholstery, stereo installation engine and transmission work, etc. The reality of it is we're going to be outsourcing it. I have a good friend who does nothing but tint, upholstery, and stereo work (aka the same guy who did my tint, upholstery and installed my stereo in the RSX), and he works out of his garage. The only thing my company is going to do is sell the service like we do it ourselves, take it to his place and have him do it, pay him "our" discounted rate and turn around and put our markup on it, but still try to save the customer money compared to other shops who do that type of work. Same thing goes with mechanical work. I know guys who can do this stuff. It's not something I'm ready to expand in or have the capital to hire someone to start doing right off the bat. If the car lot idea starts paying off then I'll for sure just go ahead and bring in a trusted mechanic friend and pay him as an employee. But for now, outsourcing is the way to go.

Chand-Baori-Well-India.jpg