The pics thread

I'm saying it wouldn't have been politically feasible to stop there.

Also, after skimming that link I'll grant you that there were financial concerns at play, but I think you're oversimplifying. You show a clear fondness for reducing complex sociopolitical phenomena to simple financial concerns. I recognize that this is pleasing to the cynic, but there's always more to it than that.

Bernays pioneered modern propoganda. Goebbels learned from the US's guy. Politically feasible is whatever the spin wants it to be.

There really is nothing more than financial concerns at play at the top. War is just like anything else:

“A person usually has two reasons for doing something:
a good reason and the real reason.”

– Thomas Carlyle

Ten minutes ago:

*screencap of JAGE post*

Last edited by SentinelSlain : Today at 10:39 PM.

EDIT2: But I really have the screencap. I will screencap every JAGE post from now on because I hate how I read something, then think of a cool response and find out the post is no longer there. I learned to predict it so well that I am usually confident that it has disappeared by certain time.

EDIT3: This was a photo and those usually stay only for a minute or so. RANTs stay for a while but only like one hour. Stupid insignificant and pretentious posts sometimes stay longer.

haha JAGE your posts are not safe from Onder! you look good (no homo) in that pic, why delete it? was that cocaine?

There really is nothing more than financial concerns at play at the top. War is just like anything else:

“A person usually has two reasons for doing something:
a good reason and the real reason.”

– Thomas Carlyle

Let's pretend this is true. So what? Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is still doing the right thing.
Let's say America doesn't cut off oil to Japan. In Asia, Japan is pretty much unchecked, conquers a huge empire, and brutally suppresses the local population. In Europe, Soviet Russia eventually wipes out the Nazis, but without Britain and America meeting them in the middle they engulf pretty much all of mainland Europe. Meanwhile, without entering the war America never becomes the superpower it needed to be to oppose the spread of Communism.
So...isolationist America, unchecked Russia and Japan. Things would be pretty goddamn ugly. The image of America as conquering heroes saving the day in WWII is of course bullshit, but our entry into that war shaped the last half century for the better.

Let's pretend this is true. So what? Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is still doing the right thing.

Kant would have a field day with this claim.

So...isolationist America, unchecked Russia and Japan. Things would be pretty goddamn ugly. The image of America as conquering heroes saving the day in WWII is of course bullshit, but our entry into that war shaped the last half century for the better.

How can you ever claim to know this entirely? How can you not be certain that, had Germany and Japan emerged victorious, the world wouldn't be a less violent place than it is now? There is nothing to substantiate this, it's based on negative Western attitudes toward the Axis Powers, and alledging that even though the Allies did bad things, they obviously did the right thing because... well, look at the world now.

What makes you think that if Germany had won people wouldn't be saying the exact same thing?

Who says it's the right thing? What makes one form of brutal aggression/suppression superior to another. Nationalistic fallacies.

Let's say America doesn't cut off oil to Japan. In Asia, Japan is pretty much unchecked, conquers a huge empire, and brutally suppresses the local population.

Instead of China/Russia. Push.

In Europe, Soviet Russia eventually wipes out the Nazis, but without Britain and America meeting them in the middle they engulf pretty much all of mainland Europe.

More likely Germany and Russia would have ground themselves to bloody stumps. Due to a prolonged war on the "Eastern front", inefficiancies in Soviet Russia would have been overwhelmed and Communism goes out with a whimper.

Likewise, Germany is finally bled out, and French resistance movement eventually pushes it back out. NAZI politics is overthrown internally, as Germans are tired of the endless war.

Eastern block/East Asia/Central/South American countries, not forced to languish under communist uprisings backed by the now defunct Soviet Russia, move on to more prosperous days.

World wins.

Meanwhile, without entering the war America never becomes the superpower it needed to be to oppose the spread of Communism.

For the better, for America, for the last half of the last century. That's it. It's not isolationist to not go around fighting. Trade. Diplomacy.

What makes you think that if Germany had won people wouldn't be saying the exact same thing?

Who cares dude, they were like, NAZI's and stuff.

Will you stop this shit already. Take it to another thread. Every time i open the PICS thread i see this shit. I hope the forum admin(Metalages) comes and deletes all these off-topic posts.

Will you stop this shit already. Take it to another thread. Every time i open the PICS thread i see this shit. I hope the forum admin(Metalages) comes and deletes all these off-topic posts.

I posted a pic of a hot ass chick with huge tits that no one seemed to like....tried stickin' to the topic, but I guess it didn't work out too well.

sidewalkart1.jpg

batman.jpg

The-Most-Talented-3D-Sidewalk-Artists-Of-The-World-16.jpg

Beautiful-art-01.jpg

image0013236324199534e6k42.jpg

Julian4.jpg

sidewalk-art-e1321745754649.jpg

yes i know these are old, fuck off.