The pics thread

My father worked at a place that made sausage fresh from their own pigs. I've tasted the best sausage and bbq known to man. It's not worth the heart problems. In fact, my current research involves people who, some of which, need heart transplants I'm sure from eating that bullshit. Trust me, from the mouth of the aged, it ain't worth it.

How is it bad for my heart if I'm in love with it?

Anything that ravages what could have been a pristine body and soul is a good thing, Dak. Metal life 101.

Reactions: CiG
Anything that ravages what could have been a pristine body and soul is a good thing, Dak. Metal life 101.

Eh, I'd prefer to keep air guitaring for a century, not just a few decades, if possible. It'd be fun to joke about and stuff but a dude I knew as a kid recently passed of a heart attack at age 37, and I'm dealing with/will be dealing with heart patients for quite a while. It's in my face so I can't just be like lolheavymetalporkparty24752

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Eh, I'd prefer to keep air guitaring for a century, not just a few decades, if possible. It'd be fun to joke about and stuff but a dude I knew as a kid recently passed of a heart attack at age 37, and I'm dealing with/will be dealing with heart patients for quite a while. It's in my face so I can't just be like lolheavymetalporkparty24752

That's not just from eating pork. It's from eating a shitload of pork.

There's nothing wrong with eating meat in moderation. I eat vegetarian most of the time but I'll be fucked if I'll give up eating meat.

Reactions: King Richard
That's not just from eating pork. It's from eating a shitload of pork.

When people start having cardiovascular and joint issues, pork is one of the key things they are told to avoid in any quantity. Better to avoid them from the getgo. But yes, NC is home to a significant amount of hog farms and a major pork consumer compared to the rest of the US (except Yodas area ofc).

http://www.factoryfarmmap.org/#animal:hogs;location:US;year:2012

http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/326138/ldpm13001_1_.pdf

There's nothing wrong with eating meat in moderation. I eat vegetarian most of the time but I'll be fucked if I'll give up eating meat.

Well yeah I eat plenty of eggs and chicken.

Last edited:
Surely shitty hormone-packed chicken is no better for you than a bit of pork here and there?

Only maybe, if you were comparing "organic pork" (does that even exist?) to factory farmed chicken. I've found literally no health upside to pork other than preventing starvation. I wish I could afford better quality chicken but ah well. Maybe one day.

Only maybe, if you were comparing "organic pork" (does that even exist?) to factory farmed chicken. I've found literally no health upside to pork other than preventing starvation. I wish I could afford better quality chicken but ah well. Maybe one day.
Yeah it does exist, I have a mate who does slow cooking/smoking and he only uses free range organic meat.

Yeah it does exist, I have a mate who does slow cooking/smoking and he only uses free range organic meat.

Well that's cool. What I'd really like to see is reasonably priced deer meat made available commercially. I don't have the time or place(s) to hunt, but deer meat is great. Goat can be prepared to come close, but that's not widely available either.

Reactions: unknown
Supposedly human flesh tastes like Pork. I wonder if that is somehow related to the Jewish and Islamic ban on consuming it.

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

— Leviticus 11:7-8

Reactions: JontRevolting