The pics thread

We made a lot of detours on our way from Indiana to California. Stopped by quite a few places along the way such as Mammoth Caves in Kentucky, Dallas and Amarillo in Texas, Breaking Bad scene locations in Albuquerque New Mexico (and the city in general -- pretty cool little city), the Petrified Forest and Flagstaff (awesome city, def gonna check that out again) and of course the Grand Canyon in Arizona .

My favorite of them all was definitely the Grand Canyon. It's incomprehensibly large. It fucks with your perceptions of scale. Immediately after arriving I knew I wanted to go back and spend at least a week there exploring shit.

Since I'm too lazy to post all the photos I'll just post my my favorite photo of them all....

View attachment 4823

I've visited the Grand Canyon as well. It really puts things into perspective in terms of how minuscule and trivial a lot of stuff really is.

Reactions: King Richard
I've visited the Grand Canyon as well. It really puts things into perspective in terms of how minuscule and trivial a lot of stuff really is.

Same, although that's a weird way of describing it. Looking up at the night sky does the same, perhaps even moreso. I think it's just a beautiful canyon on Earth.

Flagstaff is awesome yeah, one of my favorite towns to spend a weekend in. Great bar scene and lots of parks nearby in the day.

I too natured recently. Spent a couple of days camping in Joshua Tree with the missus. Here are a select few pictures...

AmJHEi0.jpg

Dat sunrise. It sprinkled the first night but not much. Woke up at 6am to this glorious sight

NhXA3m7.jpg

Hiking through an area called The Wonderland of Rocks...

AR5GcQJ.jpg

o98avyu.jpg

edit: we just got back today. Conditions were absolutely perfect. Mid 70s during the day, low 50s at night...slight breeze. Beautiful

Last edited:
^very nice. JT is on our ever-growing list of places to visit. I can't wait. Moving to this state was easily the best decision of my life lol. Now I just need to get my "medical" marijuana card, buy a plot of land and build my tiny(ish) house on it and I'll be in heaven. Some of these plots of land in the middle of no where between San Jose and Santa Cruz are absolutely gorgeous and relatively cheap, albeit they're undeveloped (which is a bonus imo). I mean, who wouldn't want to live amongst majestic forests on top of a mountain?

Reactions: unknown
I'm more on board with the idea of modesty and utilization of space and resources.

I'm down with efficiency and not building mcmansions for 2 people to live in. But the tinyhouse movement isn't sustainable either. I tried it out in essence for 1.5 years via travel trailers and the shit gets old.

I'm down with efficiency and not building mcmansions for 2 people to live in. But the tinyhouse movement isn't sustainable either. I tried it out in essence for 1.5 years via travel trailers and the shit gets old.

Yeah. I'm thinking more a small normal house with basement. I feel like even in an average house with 2 people living in it 2-3 rooms go unused...