The pics thread

The Olympics are clearly biased against Indians. I mean, this shit is an Olympic sport but Elephant racing isn't?

giphy.gif

Also if towing overweight white people on a cart strapped to the back of your bike was an Olympic cycling event, India would also clearly win.

So I've been handling a 60 years old electric locomotive all week and took some photos from the inside. It's pretty cool, feels abit voctorian mad scientist about everything. The speed/power output is regulated using a mechanical tap changer on the high voltage side (16000V).

First some random shots:
20160819_111505.jpg

Picture of the housing for the eliptical gears driving the tap changers (bottom half of the picture) top half is a indicator that shows the position of the tap connectors and in turn how much output to the motors you have (there is also a handle to manually turn the tap changer if the motor is damaged). The grating is for safety (high voltage behind it):
20160819_111333.jpg

If you go behind the grating you see the motor turning the tap changer and alot of safety contacts ensuring that it doesn't stop in the wrong place (between two positions):
20160819_142705.jpg

A picture of one of the air compressors for the break system:
20160819_111226.jpg

And a picture of the drivers cab:
20160819_111549.jpg

To be fair, he probably won't make America great again either. I doubt that he will change much of anything if elected even though he talks big.