The pics thread

6 rashers? You sure that's enough? Also what the hell is that other shit? Meatloaf or something?

Breakfast sausage cut in half. Bacon slices also cut in half, so it was actually 3 regular pieces of bacon.

I did this because it fits better in the pan.

There are eggs that weren't pictured as well.

Should cook the bacon first then the meat so it can sit in the bacon juice.

Going to try this next time. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Know what other breakfasty food is bomb a.f.? Scotch eggs. We successfully made them once, you gotta use the sweet breakfast sausage though, nothing herbal tasting.

Should cook the bacon first then the meat so it can sit in the bacon juice.

I thought it was standard procedure to cook everything breakfast related in your bacon grease. It's kind of alien to think someone wouldn't. Call it fat or whatever, but none of you assholes are draining your bacon grease.

My family will go as far to make their gravy in the same pan the bacon was for biscuits and gravy.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
I thought it was standard procedure to cook everything breakfast related in your bacon grease. It's kind of alien to think someone wouldn't. Call it fat or whatever, but none of you assholes are draining your bacon grease.

My family will go as far to make their gravy in the same pan the bacon was for biscuits and gravy.

Does this go for scrambled eggs as well? I've heard this being done before but it never crossed my mind for whatever reason.

Yea, bacon grease surely doesn't make your scrambled eggs taste bad. My family also fries bacon and onions before adding their green beans to the pan.

I feel like this was probably done out of necessity back in the day btw, when you didn't want to waste valuable lard.

Yea, bacon grease surely doesn't make your scrambled eggs taste bad. My family also fries bacon and onions before adding their green beans to the pan.

I feel like this was probably done out of necessity back in the day btw, when you didn't want to waste valuable lard.

I'll try this and let you know how it works out. It would make the cleaning process a bit easier only because I wouldn't have to drain the grease before adding the eggs.

Yep you pretty much nailed it, krow. No bacon grease goes wasted here at all. I only inherited my grandfathers petite genes (he was 5'3 and 120lbs) but we are also fat as fuck here too. I eat turkey bacon now but I do the same thing with the grease (i.e. Use it for eggs or something else or even toast the bread with it)

15977763_10154889330646585_3809734527993459925_n.jpg