The pics thread

VERY rudimentary tent stakes (or stakes for tying something down with cordage/rope/etc). Had to grind somewhat of a point on there because tapering flat stock is kinda difficult to do quickly. Another project I need to work on more at home with my own grinder. To the left is a hand fuller that turned out pretty well after some more work on it. I also had to cut the one to even out length.

The intermediate class has projects you can do but is more self directed with things. I'm just working on practicing certain techniques at this point.

These pictures are before I put a point on the end and before I cleaned up the metal with a flap disc:

33994771_10100587268830638_6813290325985984512_n.jpg

An action shot of me several weeks ago at the shop (insert Hammer Smashed Face joke here). That's roughly inch round steel I'm pounding to a taper which is why I have to use a sledge instead of a normal hammer otherwise it would take a while:

33994792_10100587411579568_8889100234060201984_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Took an old mower blade to the shop today. It had a really bad bend in it so I took the bend out and worked on this. I thought I fucked up on the handle part when I folded the steel over but it feels pretty comfortable as far as a knife handle goes. Need to grind the shit out of the surface and put a new edge on it. I'm confident I can get this to cut something given that an edge existed before I worked on it

FB_IMG_1527970644806.jpg

Last edited:
Abandoned? Where do we have an abandoned power station?
We don't anymore, it got demolished 10 years ago. I read an article about abandoned buildings in Vic and saved those photos. Can't find the article now but I just Googled and the power station was in Spencer Street.

Reactions: Slammed