The pics thread

Oh ok, yeah that's been gone a while. Although I would reckon that first picture was taken before the place was decommissioned, that shit on the desk wouldn't have been left there once the place was officially closed. The control room there is similar to Hazelwood which is going through a similar process right now but there there is still too many people crawling around the place for cobwebs to form and the dust to settle.

According to the article the place was left as if the staff were coming back the next day with the power still on and it sat like that for years.

I doubt that simply because of the safety issues of leaving a power station in an operational state when the doors were shut. Even in the 80's when it was shut down and before OH&S was as brutal as they are now. I know some kid died in the place before it was demolished in the 00's but as to how much stuff was left in there when the doors were shut on the final day I'd have to ask my old man since he was one of the last to walk out of there after the power was turned off.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
I doubt that simply because of the safety issues of leaving a power station in an operational state when the doors were shut. Even in the 80's when it was shut down and before OH&S was as brutal as they are now. I know some kid died in the place before it was demolished in the 00's but as to how much stuff was left in there when the doors were shut on the final day I'd have to ask my old man since he was one of the last to walk out of there after the power was turned off.
Ah really? I'd interested to know. Found the article:
https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/evknaj/here-are-the-top-three-abandoned-buildings-in-melbourne

Reactions: Slammed
Interesting article none the less but I'll ask the old man next week when I see him. He helped shut down Spencer St in about '82 then helped get the shit moving on the ground at Loy Yang in about '83 which his company actually started doing in about '78.

I know the building was torn down after several incidents involving the public who shouldn't have been in there. But it sat for about 20 years before that happened.

Several things worth noting in that those pics from the article:
There is almost no dust anywhere. Power stations create their own dust they are shitful for it, yet even the floor of the control room looks like it's been swept clean, and the screens are relatively clean as well.
It's unusual for workers to leave their hard hats behind as they are required to wear them outside of the control room, even in a decommissioned power station, and everyone has their own hat, it's like their work safety blanket.
There is too many files in the office. Much of the stuff kept like that would be archived at HRL or used in other power stations not just left relatively tidy on the shelves.
The top picture is a good shot of the internal workings and would quite likely have been left in such condition until it was torn down, but again while it looks dirty which is normal for a power station it doesn't look like years of dust and shit that would accumulate with no one around. Looks not unlike it was shut down yesterday.

I don't dispute the article, Spencer St was closed and left to fall apart for 20 odd years but as to how 'abandoned' it was is questionable.

Z4N8Wb8.jpg
:lol:

anybody remember when this pics thread was filled with straight males arguing over which females looked sexy and which ones looked disgusting??
that was fucking hilarious
seriously, how many times was the word "whooty" used on GMD social?
Monoxide Child should get a medal for being an amazingly awesome Troll
even that screen name was a Troll-joke
Welcome back, Monoxide Child.