The pics thread

li6C7uE.jpg

fuck anyone who tells you how to tip or thinks there's some kind of guideline on how to tip. Take whatever EXTRA anyone gives you, and be thankful. Plenty of people work far harder jobs, that pay far less and no one even thinks about paying them EXTRA money for their services

We don't tip here in Australia.

Yeah for good reason, half the workers don't deserve it and the majority of customers under the age of 35 can't work out something as simple as 10% of a bill in their heads.

However it is becoming more and more popular for restaurants and cafes to have tips jars on the counter.

You’re expected to cough up 20% extra on top of whatever your bill for overpriced food was here because restaurants only pay waitresses $2 something per hour but still want $15+ for a hamburger and fries. (Or $4-6 for a fucking dollar yuengling)

Tbh I don’t tip much if at all. Say what you want but I feel like not taking part in the stupid practice is the only way for it to change. But butt but it’ll make your food more expensive! Bitch it’s already over priced. You want me to pay $96 instead of 80 which was already too fucking high because you want me to pity the employee that willingly took a tip job.

You’re expected to cough up 20% extra on top of whatever your bill for overpriced food was here because restaurants only pay waitresses $2 something per hour but still want $15+ for a hamburger and fries. (Or $4-6 for a fucking dollar yuengling)

Tbh I don’t tip much if at all. Say what you want but I feel like not taking part in the stupid practice is the only way for it to change. But butt but it’ll make your food more expensive! Bitch it’s already over priced. You want me to pay $96 instead of 80 which was already too fucking high because you want me to pity the employee that willingly took a tip job.
I was feeling pitty for the underpaid wait staff

No one in this country gets payed aaaaaaaanywhere near $2 an hour, I know @Krow is just fucking around but i have to point that out for some of the foreigners. They get paid more than the minimum wage workers at stores like Rite-Aid and walgreens. Along wit thousands and thousands of other people who work jobs that the same or even less. I have friends who run bars and other business that require waiting, and believe me ... some of them make more many than you would think

The national minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, and out here in California its $11

I don't remember what our minimum is but I think it's somewhere around the $15 per hour mark, it might even be more. Businesses are free to pay more and there are multiple different pay grades for different staff. Some get penalty rates for working late, early or on weekend and public holidays but I think the government have either removed that as compulsory or are trying too. No one here relies on tips to survive, it's a bonus and until recently (10-15 years) it wasn't even a regular custom expect at actual sit down restaurants and even then it was never enforced or expected.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
No one in this country gets payed aaaaaaaanywhere near $2 an hour, I know @Krow is just fucking around but i have to point that out for some of the foreigners. They get paid more than the minimum wage workers at stores like Rite-Aid and walgreens. Along wit thousands and thousands of other people who work jobs that the same or even less. I have friends who run bars and other business that require waiting, and believe me ... some of them make more many than you would think

The national minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, and out here in California its $11
Here in Texas, state law allows for the restaurants to actually pay wait staff less than min wage because the restaurant industry actually expects people to tip the waitress

The whole fucking reason that this picture is floating around Facebook is because wait staff (outside of California) are actually totally broke and really living of your tips

You've obviously never held a financial conversation with any who makes more in tips than their actual hourly wage