The pics thread

44908305_10156540909840631_3480031701516681216_n.jpg

Reactions: CiG and Sophii
2009 vs 2019. The ideal old photo as I still have the same jeans, t-shirt and jersey. :lol: Sadly the sole is starting to come off one of the Asics shoes. They only lasted 12½ years but some glue will help them last a bit longer.

7D0CFeq.jpg

Reactions: isberg and CiG
i've never seen men's shoes last an entire 12 years
time to get new shoes LoL
Well I'm sure my Dad would say they don't make 'em like they used to and has had ones that lasted much longer. I'll probably break my record soon though. I like to think I can tell if shoes have lasting quality just by trying them on. I'll take $140 shoes that last 10 years any day over constantly being dismayed by cheap shit. The only time I fucked up was when I bought some old stock Florsheim shoes online that only lasted 2 years, but I figure it's mainly running/walking shoes that last long as they're designed to flex. Before the Asics I had some Reebok running shoes which would've lasted almost as long if I hadn't spent 4 years walking up a bigass hill to university. My other shoes have mainly been hiking-style shoes: Nike pair which lasted about 9 years, Timberland pair which are 7 years old and still holding together, and I just recently got these Merrell shoes to replace the Asics. I'd never even heard of Merrell until I stumbled onto the shop, but these feel like they could easily last 10 years:

Reactions: CiG
I still have my Doc Martens from high school, wear them regularly, still very comfortable, reliable, genuine leather so they were somewhat expensive but in terms of how much use I get out of them they've repaid their cost multiple times over.