The pics thread

Well I'm sure my Dad would say they don't make 'em like they used to and has had ones that lasted much longer. I'll probably break my record soon though. I like to think I can tell if shoes have lasting quality just by trying them on. I'll take $140 shoes that last 10 years any day over constantly being dismayed by cheap shit. The only time I fucked up was when I bought some old stock Florsheim shoes online that only lasted 2 years, but I figure it's mainly running/walking shoes that last long as they're designed to flex. Before the Asics I had some Reebok running shoes which would've lasted almost as long if I hadn't spent 4 years walking up a bigass hill to university. My other shoes have mainly been hiking-style shoes: Nike pair which lasted about 9 years, Timberland pair which are 7 years old and still holding together, and I just recently got these Merrell shoes to replace the Asics. I'd never even heard of Merrell until I stumbled onto the shop, but these feel like they could easily last 10 years:

i understand that men's shoes are designed to last longer than women's shoes (women's shoes sometimes have the ridges on the soles wear smooth after only wearing them one single fucking day)
but at the same time
if i'm wearing a pair of shoes every single fucking day (as opposed to the woman that has 400 pairs of shoes in her closet)
i'm really not expecting my shoes to last as long as what you're describing
i've actually worn made-exclusively-for-Walmart shoes that got worn after only a couple of months (never again)
but when it comes to shoes that i've worn on my own feet, i don't think i've ever had a pair that lasted more than a couple of years

could someone please explain to me the "joke" in this facebook picture??
i'm seriously not getting it

53478325_367523983837517_4749254048551534592_n.jpg

"i'm standing on the corner in winslow arizona"

so
is the pic photo-shopped or was this shit constructed because of the song??