The pics thread

I believe it's all mechanical.

So you don't know what its function is? The point of the mindfuck is that the magnet is supposedly strong enough to lift the machine up the tower. Those machines are actually made to allow junkyard workers to move several tons of cars, car parts, etc. at once among other things.

I thought the function is to show the strength of the mechanical arm.

EDIT: Not a magnet.

EDIT2: I just found a bigger res but it doesn't help.

9136.jpg

So you don't know what its function is? The point of the mindfuck is that the magnet is supposedly strong enough to lift the machine up the tower. Those machines are actually made to allow junkyard workers to move several tons of cars, car parts, etc. at once among other things.

Kil, you're wrong. You can see in the first pic that the 'gigantic square thing' slots perfectly into four sections of the tower plus the top angled section. In the third pic you can see that the tracks of the excavator lock into the other custom built sections of the tower, allowing it to lean and sit as the scoop/square thing slots into the next highest section. No magnets would be required, it would rely solely on gravity, the skill of the driver and the strength of the hydraulic arm to be able to climb the tower as shown. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was real.

MattHock 4 points 15 days ago[-]
If I had to guess, it's a publicity stunt by the manufacturer. Look at the construction of the tower - the way it has rests for the treads and perfect places to put the scoop just screams that the tower was purpose-built specifically for this kind of trick.

Zebby 7 points 15 days ago[-]
The excavator too - it has two rams on the dipper arm, because the more usual single ram would not hold the weight of the machine (it looks to be about 24tonnes).

sonQUAALUDE 6 points 15 days ago[-]
regardless of its media-stunt-ness-itude, the excavator DOING A HANDSTAND AT THE TOP is 100% pure wolf shirt

nmcyall 2 points 15 days ago* [-]
wolf shirt is a meme now? Diabeetus indians?

foxmajik 1 point 13 days ago[-]
Yeah wolf shirt was a meme in August.

sonQUAALUDE 3 points 15 days ago[-]
deep in navajo country, arizona, i traded insulin to a native who told me a tale that his father told him about the first internet meme. wolf shirt was that meme.

Kil, you're wrong. You can see in the first pic that the 'gigantic square thing' slots perfectly into four sections of the tower plus the top angled section. In the third pic you can see that the tracks of the excavator lock into the other custom built sections of the tower, allowing it to lean and sit as the scoop/square thing slots into the next highest section. No magnets would be required, it would rely solely on gravity, the skill of the driver and the strength of the hydraulic arm to be able to climb the tower as shown. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was real.
:kickass: