The pics thread

It seems we ignore the good things america has and take on all the retarded shit to me. Things like obesity, American English, media spin around elections, obesity, obesity, consumerism, obesity, McDonalds, wars that will badly damage our reputation.... etc etc.

TBH the majority of America's positive contributions in relation to the rest of the world are now resolved to history, and we are falling fast towards the realm of irrelevance compared to former times. Our international influence is largely due to position gained in the post WWII/Cold War era, and is being clung to by the power of superior nuke numbers and advanced HAARP technology among other things.

Edit: Since this is a pciture thread

haarp-aerial-view.jpg

I'm not teh s00per cheesy patriot American kind of person, but I am happy where I live and love living here and being able to say so...it's frustrating how the country does seem to be 'behind' in influence a bit insofar as technological and economical contributions, it's hard to see a good excuse for it. :erk:

comic2-858.png

frame25-1.jpg

baldnf0.gif

flyyy.gif

tetsuo7.jpg

KompressorKrushesBurger.jpg

To be honest i don't get why people compare football and American football, so there's more body contact in American football, so what? The point of football is not the body contact, it's all about ball technique, speed and being able to read the game. There's more body contact in football than baseball, there's more body contact in baseball than marathons, and so on. If you really have to compare, the comparison should be between rugby and American football.

And that comparison would be this:

Rugby vs American Football

2x40 minute halfs 4x15 quarters (mainly for adverts)

Flowing game Each play lasts about 3 seconds

Minimum padding Helmets, large amount of padding

High impact tackles, High Impact tackles,in between adverts
again and again with
little rest

All players require skills All players can watch the adverts
in defence, attack and reading
the game.

Etc.

I know I'm biased but...

I dunno... on the big screens ? I did watch one of the NFL games played over here at Wembley, it was pretty fun. I just think Rugby requires you to think on your feet so much more, and I enjoy it.