-The Political Thread-

Northern Viking said:
Hey sumairetsu, just for the record, I wasnt refering to you or anyone else personally, more to points of view in general. Im surprised to see how differentiated your view on things is though, I expected some pro-israeli, patriotic speech, lol :p

Nothing personal taken. :)

Understand, I don't have anything against the original war in Afghanistan. If they wanted to provide safe harbor to the man that just killed nearly 3,000 of our people...hey, bombs away.

But, the Bush Administration decided to use that event as an excuse to invade an another unarmed nation (Iraq) that had no ties to that organization (al Qaeda) other than the fact that some of the representatives from both of the previously mentioned had met once or twice because of a mutually shared hatred of the United States.

Now that bin Laden has been allowed to continue operations with al Qaeda, Bush can use him as a convenient "boogeyman" to scare the populace, the Congress and the House of Representatives into doing what he wants to do without question...mainly, make his corporate buddies richer as they continue to plunder the oil away from Iraq. Meanwhile, he just continues to make bin Laden a prophet because bin Laden stated that the US would invade another Muslim nation after the base had been established in Saudi Arabia. Sympathy continues to flow toward bin Laden in the Middle East while our commander in chief screws things up in the region more and more.

Had bin Laden been captured in the mountains of Afghanistan when we had the chance, the head of the beast known as al Qaeda would have been cut off and, more than likely, the organization would have lost steam. Now, most analysts believe that it's too late to stop them since they are now able to work without centralized leadership.

As to Isreal, I couldn't be bothered to care. I'm neither Christian, Jewish or Palestinian so the significance of the place has no resonating qualities with me. Personally, I think that it was just some attempt by some U.S. Christians to bring about their precious armageddon by stirring up the shit in putting Jews in the area and letting them mix it up with the Palestinians.

BlizzardOZ said:
Honestly I think Sharon is a great leader, he made it hard for them to penetrate Israel, and they can basicly do nothing...
Yeah, he really prooved his worth in 1982. I guess this was an accident too, just like the USS Liberty. Long live the Butcher of Beirut!:worship:

BlizzardOZ said:
you'r ironic, Israel arn't terrorist, but civillized nation.
they actually block the rats from getting in your area.
Yeah, when you have a powerful, state-backed army, it isn't called terrorism anymore. Who are the real rats?

Speaking of irony: Israel is a civilized nation? :lol: