The Porcupine Tree Thread

ok.. so i got my special edition.. with bonus track "mother and child divided".

and it's instrumental, sure.

but, as mike said earlyer, he did some "death screams" for that song, and i was wondering will it ever gonna be released..

great song btw, but i think, with mike on vocals, it would have been the best on deadwing, for sure.

Well after dealing with the grief of missing out on my Deadwing Special Edition, guess what arrived on my doorstep a couple of days ago! Deadwing!
Seems they forgot to tell me they shipped it, and so far it hasn't been charged to the credit card.... maybe I got it for free, fingers crossed. Good album, but I still like In Absentia better, wayyy better, nothing on Deadwing comes close to Collapse The Light Into Earth.

Night Mare said:
Well after dealing with the grief of missing out on my Deadwing Special Edition, guess what arrived on my doorstep a couple of days ago! Deadwing!
Seems they forgot to tell me they shipped it, and so far it hasn't been charged to the credit card.... maybe I got it for free, fingers crossed. Good album, but I still like In Absentia better, wayyy better, nothing on Deadwing comes close to Collapse The Light Into Earth.

Why the hell is IA always the only album Deadwing is always compared to?

Looking for a Job said:
because it's their best album

Nah. Sure, it has great songs like [the non-heavy parts of Blackest Eyes, Lips of Ashes, The Sound of Muzak, The 2nd half of Gravity Eyelids, Prodigal, .3, Collapse The Light Into Earth, and the highly overrated Trains], but some of their older stuff is so much better. I downloaded In Absentia first and I loved it. I then got Stupid Dream and Signify. I didn't understand why everyone loved those 2 albums. I would just listen to like 2 songs off of Stupid Dream and nothing off of Signify. About a month passed and I actually sat down and listened to Stupid Dream. Once I could tell which song was which, I loved Stupid Dream more than IA. I felt like downloading the rest of their albums and just went on a PT listening spree. Now if you asked me what their best albums are (in order), I would say Stupid Dream, The Sky Moves Sideways, and Signify. The moral of the story: Get "Stupid Dream".

T3hLep4rAffinity said:
Nah. Sure, it has great songs like [the non-heavy parts of Blackest Eyes, Lips of Ashes, The Sound of Muzak, The 2nd half of Gravity Eyelids, Prodigal, .3, Collapse The Light Into Earth, and the highly overrated Trains], but some of their older stuff is so much better. I downloaded In Absentia first and I loved it. I then got Stupid Dream and Signify. I didn't understand why everyone loved those 2 albums. I would just listen to like 2 songs off of Stupid Dream and nothing off of Signify. About a month passed and I actually sat down and listened to Stupid Dream. Once I could tell which song was which, I loved Stupid Dream more than IA. I felt like downloading the rest of their albums and just went on a PT listening spree. Now if you asked me what their best albums are (in order), I would say Stupid Dream, The Sky Moves Sideways, and Signify. The moral of the story: Get "Stupid Dream".

agreed. it's a shame the only two PT cds that are talked about here are the recent 2. the back catalogue is grand, and i enjoy it a lot.