The Porcupine Tree Thread

Ok, I could have bet my soul that it was Mike. After listening to it again i'm not so sure. Great song either way.

Well I just received my Deadwing special edition and am a bit disappointed. I was expecting the 72-page booklet to be filled with the type of art that was in the teaser video or on the current website but instead it's filled with these random collages from magazines with sloppy handwriting and scribbles everywhere. I was also expecting the full lyrics to be neatly written in there (like in the IA booklet), but instead they're just randomly scribbled on different pages making them barely readable. The lyrics to Lazarus for example span six pages with the verses scribbled in random angles and locations.

Anyone else not like the band's taste in art? heh. To me it looks like it was done by a twelve-year-old. I don't see what's so artistic about scribbling all over a picture (especially on someone's face wooh).
Oh well, at least the music makes up for it. The DTS sounds great :)

R0l0 said:
Well I just received my Deadwing special edition and am a bit disappointed. I was expecting the 72-page booklet to be filled with the type of art that was in the teaser video or on the current website but instead it's filled with these random collages from magazines with sloppy handwriting and scribbles everywhere. I was also expecting the full lyrics to be neatly written in there (like in the IA booklet), but instead they're just randomly scribbled on different pages making them barely readable. The lyrics to Lazarus for example span six pages with the verses scribbled in random angles and locations.

Anyone else not like the band's taste in art? heh. To me it looks like it was done by a twelve-year-old. I don't see what's so artistic about scribbling all over a picture (especially on someone's face wooh).
Oh well, at least the music makes up for it. The DTS sounds great :)

I definately agree. I just go my SE version the other day, and the book is pretty much worthless to me. I had even higher expectations than you, I think. I assumed there would be studio notes, telling how the album was made- like a studio journal or something. Instead, this 72 page book is just a bunch of random shit. it is pretty much just an extended version of the regular album booklet, with nothing even remotely interesting in there.

But, as you said, the surround sound is fantastic. So because of that, it's worth it to me. although $30...?

Metalloid said:
So because of that, it's worth it to me. although $30...?
Yeah personally I don't think it was worth the $36(they charged $6 for shipping!); if I had known I would have waited for the DVD-A version which even includes some bonus songs and videos.

^ Nope but I mostly listen to music through my computer (it's connected to a stereo). I figure if I needed to play it elsewhere I'd burn a CD (though I know it would be worse quality).

I'm sorry you guys dropped the extra cash for little return... but it is for that exact reason that I calculated my purchases.. I waited and picked up the U.S. Version w/ the "Shesmovedon" extra track and was handed the Lazarus single with the purchase so I got the 2 extra Non-Album tracks there and now I'll pick up the DVD-A for the 5.1 Mixes and extra mtrl (Tracks and Video) to round out the total Deadwing experience... Seems like I made the right decision.

L8R :devil:

I never knew whether that was Mike or not either in the title track. I really don't think it is, though. The accent just isn't right. Anyway, is it just me, or is Mike barely audible if at all on the backing vocals? I even made it a point to listen for him carefully, but I really can't pick his voice out. Am I deaf?