The Porcupine Tree Thread

<crimson> said:
"If music were a woman, I'd be desperate to fuck her." - Mikael Åkerfeldt

Forgive him, Lord! What a stupid sentence! :ill: I really hope it is a false quote!

I have another one:

<nobody> said:
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - Shagrath

(Even if you doubt about it, it IS a false quote)

Risquit said:
Group Sex: Something I've always wanted to do.

:lol:

kkfootee said:
Forgive him, Lord! What a stupid sentence! :ill: I really hope it is a false quote!

haha wtf are you talking about? i love that quote, it's been in and out of my sig since i joined here. i can't part with it all together. why is it stupid? and no it's not a "false" quote, mike said it in an interview chief.

Who are they touring with this May? Maybe the question was already asked but I'm lazy and didn't feel like looking. I just don't feel like waiting through one or two shitty bands.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i love this forum.

theres several groups....

group A: Die hard opeth fans, who listen to very little except opeth...and maybe dimmu borgir or some nonsense.

group B: Die hard opeth fans, who listen to some other stuff...but rarely mention anything except opeth...to the point of making threads about what equipment was used on still life (in hopes to recreate that album?).

group C: Opeth fans who love porcupine tree as well....they talk about both bands equally and unbiasedly.

group D: Militant Opeth fans who proceed to bash porcupine tree as much as possible, and make it quite obvious and visible.

group E: Militant Porcupine tree fans, who either do or dont like opeth...but will bash anyones head in who says anything negative about PT.
So what group do I fit into? I actually like porcupine tree just as much as Opeth, Damnation + Deadwing being my current favs. Group C I assume. :D

i'll get around to buying it eventually, but i have way too much shit on my list ahead of it and first things first i need a job :ill:

p.s. good moderating, moonie

the part around the 2:00 mark of katatonia's "funeral wedding" is fucking awesome...just thought i'd throw that out there

Aaron A. said:
I think "In Absentia" is a better album, personally. "Deadwing" is good, though. I need to listen to it more.
Once you do that (listen to it -Deadwing- more), you'll realize Deadwing is a more consistent and overall better album than IA.

IA obviously has some weaker tracks (The Creator..., Strip The Soul), whereas Deadwing has none.

MadTinus said:
Once you do that (listen to it -Deadwing- more), you'll realize Deadwing is a more consistent and overall better album than IA.

IA obviously has some weaker tracks (The Creator..., Strip The Soul), whereas Deadwing has none.

So is there something wrong with me if I like Strip the Soul?

MadTinus said:

It's all a matter of personal preference really. After many listens of Deadwing I'm still not a big fan of tracks like Halo, Start of Something Beutiful, or the title track. The production might be better, but overall I still prefer IA because the melodies/lyrics seem to be more personal/memorable on that album (at least for me).

I think Shallow, as a single, is weaker than Strip the Soul. There are still some tracks on Deadwing which I don't really like (Start of Something Beautiful, Glass Arm Shattering). I also get the vibe that alot of the tracks on Deadwing sound too much alike. There is too much of a similar vibe throughout the album. I personally found IA to have more variety.

Deadwing is growing on me... it's just not there yet :)

Moonlapse said:
I think Shallow, as a single, is weaker than Strip the Soul. There are still some tracks on Deadwing which I don't really like (Start of Something Beautiful, Glass Arm Shattering). I also get the vibe that alot of the tracks on Deadwing sound too much alike. There is too much of a similar vibe throughout the album. I personally found IA to have more variety.

Deadwing is growing on me... it's just not there yet :)

I love Glass Arm Shattering. It's probably my favorite along with Arriving...

Alternative 3 said:
The Creator isnt a weak song, wedding nails is a weak song.

Haha... I like Wedding Nails too. Reminds me of King Crimson. What can I say I'm a fanboy?