The Porcupine Tree Thread

Moonlapse said:
I think Shallow, as a single, is weaker than Strip the Soul. There are still some tracks on Deadwing which I don't really like (Start of Something Beautiful, Glass Arm Shattering). I also get the vibe that alot of the tracks on Deadwing sound too much alike. There is too much of a similar vibe throughout the album. I personally found IA to have more variety.

Deadwing is growing on me... it's just not there yet :)
dittio.

Metalloid said:
ya no Opeth fans care about PT... :err:
I'm an Opeth fan and I like PT just as much, the death thing that opeth does makes me laugh, PT are like opeth but with out all the death metal comedy! :tickled:

shark22 said:
I'm an Opeth fan and I like PT just as much, the death thing that opeth does makes me laugh, PT are like opeth but with out all the death metal comedy! :tickled:

Go away.

shark22 said:

um I think you missed my sarcasm. Before this became the official Porcupine Tree thread, there were a bunch of different PT threads that were all thrown together, which is what this thread is--just a compilation of all those threads. One of the threads included is one that I created, praising PT....

well that was probably completely confusing, but whatever

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
i got the deadwing shirt. it is cool :)

R0l0: where did you get that trey parker/gunhaver pic?
if you look closely, in the lower left hand corner, it looks like a reflection of a naked woman bending slightly at the waist. her body is visible from the upper thighs to the top of the breasts. it's gunhavers mom, apparently. and she's not bad, i must say

dorian gray said:
if you look closely, in the lower left hand corner, it looks like a reflection of a naked woman bending slightly at the waist. her body is visible from the upper thighs to the top of the breasts. it's gunhavers mom, apparently. and she's not bad, i must say

hahahaha

okk anyway....

I've been listening to the album repeatedly for the last couple of days and it still hasn't totally grown on me. My favorite track is probably "Arriving Somewhere...."

A couple other parts which I enjoy are the ending of "Mellotron Scratch." The vocal harmony is very nice indeed. I also really like Mikael's solo on "Arriving.." I hope to hear some more like that on Opeth's next release.

Also, I'm too lazy to search for this.. but the vocals on the title track that start with "Like a cancer scare. In the Dentist's chair...," is that SW? Doesn't sound like him. At first I thought maybe it was Mike but the liner notes just say harmony vocals sooo.. I don't know.

Strange, it sounds nothing like Mike to me, Mike doesn't even have the same accent as the guy singing.
Sounds more like the King Crimson guy to me.